The Board of Selectmen have declared a Level 1 Water Restriction to be in effect from May 1, 2017 through October 1, 2017. (The Town was previously under a more stringent Level 3 Restriction.)
Details of the restrictions and more background on why this is needed can be found on the Water Restrictions page. A summary of the Level 1 Water Use Restriction are: non-essential outdoor water use is prohibited between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Examples of nonessential outdoor water uses include but are not limited to:
- Uses that are not required for health or safety reasons.
- Irrigation of lawns via sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems;
- Washing of vehicles other than by means of a commercial car wash, except as necessary for operator safety; and
- Washing of exterior building surfaces, parking lots, driveways or sidewalks, except as necessary to apply paint, preservatives, stucco, pavement or cement.
Examples of acceptable outdoor water uses include:
- Irrigation to establish a new lawn during the months of May and September;
- Irrigation of lawns, gardens, flowers, and ornamental plants via hand held hoses only; and
- Irrigation of public parks and recreational fields before 9:00 AM and after 5:00 PM