As stated in Special Condition 8 of the Massachusetts Water Management Acts permit the Maynard Public Water Supply is required to implement and enforce a non-essential outdoor water use restriction starting May 1, 2018 through October 1, 2018.
Details of the restrictions and more background on why this is needed can be found on the Water Restrictions page. A summary of the Level 1 Water Use Restriction are: non-essential outdoor water use is prohibited between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Examples of nonessential outdoor water uses include but are not limited to:
- Uses that are not required for health or safety reasons.
- Irrigation of lawns via sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems;
- Washing of vehicles other than by means of a commercial car wash, except as necessary for operator safety; and
- Washing of exterior building surfaces, parking lots, driveways or sidewalks, except as necessary to apply paint, preservatives, stucco, pavement or cement.
Examples of acceptable outdoor water uses include:
- Irrigation to establish a new lawn during the months of May and September;
- Irrigation of lawns, gardens, flowers, and ornamental plants via hand held hoses only; and
- Irrigation of public parks and recreational fields before 9:00 AM and after 5:00 PM