The Department of Public Works consists of the Highway, Cemetery, Water, and Sewer Divisions, and the Waste Water Treatment Plant. Together, all divisions maintain the roadways, parks, cemetery and water/sewer infrastructures throughout the Town of Maynard. These Divisons are staffed with 13 full-time employees, with part-time employees supplementing the work force during the summer.
If you need to contact the DPW please use our contact form or call 978-897-1317. To learn more about the Maynard DPW please visit the following pages:
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- How Can I Get Rid Of …
- Hydrant Flushing and Maintenance
- Recycling Drop Off Center
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Street Lights
- Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Water and Sewer
- Water Restrictions
News / Updates
- 9-May-2013: The Department of Public Works will be starting a long process of temporary repairs to street lights starting the week of May 13th, 2013. Some of this work will be done during regular business hours and on busy main streets they will be done during off hours If you have any concerns, please call 978-897-1317.
- 25-Apr-2013: The next scheduled drop off collection is scheduled for Saturday, May 11, 2013 starting at 8 a.m. until noon at the Department of Public Works barn at the end of Winter Street.
- 2-Apr-2013: The fee schedule for drop-off recycling and curbside pickup of certain items has been revised. Please visit the Drop-Off Center page for more information.
- 3-Dec-2012: DPW RFP for On-Call Services released.
DPW Employment Opportunities
Please visit the town’s Employment page for details about these current job openings in our department:
- No openings at this time