The Department of Public Works consists of the Highway, Cemetery, Water, and Sewer Divisions, and the Waste Water Treatment Plant. Together, all divisions maintain the roadways, parks, cemetery and water/sewer infrastructures throughout the Town of Maynard. These Divisons are staffed with 13 full-time employees, with part-time employees supplementing the work force during the summer.
If you need to contact the DPW please use our contact form or call 978-897-1317. To learn more about the Maynard DPW please visit the following pages:
- Cemetery Division
- Contact the DPW
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- How Can I Get Rid Of …
- Hydrant Flushing and Maintenance
- Recycling Drop Off Center
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Street Lights
- Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Water and Sewer
- Water Restrictions
News / Updates
- Legal Notice: Water and Sewer Rates
- RFP: Cupola Restoration
- TTHMs Drinking Water Update
- Mandatory Level 3 Water Conservation Restriction
- Update on TTHM Levels in Drinking Water Supply
- Water and Sewer Rate Relief Program for 65 years or older
Jun 2014: The Board of Selectman have recently voted to lower the age for the Water and Sewer Rate Relief Program to 65 years or older. You must be able to show proof of ownership by showing a copy of your most real estate bill and if the property is in a trust a copy must be submitted with your application. The owner will need to submit a copy of their driver’s license or a copy of their birth certificate to show proof of age. Applications will be available on line here and by calling the Department during normal business hours at 978-897-1317. You may also obtain a copy by e-mail by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
DPW Employment Opportunities
Please visit the town’s Employment page for details about any current job openings in our department.