Do Evil Spirits Lurk in Your Home?
Clean the skeletons out of your closets, basement, and garage
Bring them to Maynard’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Saturday, June 24, 2016 – 8am – Noon
at the DPW Drop-Off Center: 38 Winter Street
What Do I Bring??
From the Workbench:
- Oil Based Paints (No Latex)
- Stains and Varnishes
- Wood Preservatives
- Paint Strippers / Thinners
- Solvent Adhesives
- Lighter Fluid
From the Garage:
- Motor Oil
- Engine Degreaser
- Brake Fluid/Carburetor Cleaner
- Transmission Fluid
- Car Wax, Polishes
- Driveway Sealer
- Roofing Tar
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
From the Yard:
- Poisons, Insecticides, Fungicides
- Chemical Fertilizers
- Weed Killers
- Moth Balls
- Flea Control Products
From the House:
- SHARPS (NO CHARGE, in puncture-free containers)
- Rubber Cement, Airplane Glue
- Fiberglass Resins
- Photo Chemicals
- Chemistry Sets
- Furniture, Floor & Metal Polish
- Oven Cleaner
- Drain & Toilet Cleaner
- Spot Remover
- Rug & Upholstery Cleaner
- Hobby Supplies, Artist Supplies
- Mercury Items (thermometers, switches, etc.)
What Not To Bring!!
- Latex Paint (remove lid, dry out – trash)
- Empty Containers/Trash
- Commercial or Industrial Waste
- Radioactive Waste, Smoke Detectors
- Infectious & Biological Wastes
- Ammunition, Fireworks, Explosives
- Fire Extinguishers
- Oxygen Tanks
- Prescription Medicines
How to safely transport these Hazardous Materials:
- Leave materials in original containers.
- Tighten caps and lids.
- Sort and pack separately: oil paint, pesticides, and household cleaners.
- Pack containers in sturdy upright boxes.
- NEVER MIX CHEMICALS.
- Pack your car and drive directly to the site.
- NEVER SMOKE while handling hazardous materials.
Residency and Fees
Proof of residency is required
$10.00 minimum charge per carload – unusually large loads will require additional fees.
NOTE: Only checks and money orders will be accepted. No cash or credit cards.
When and Where
Saturday, June 24, 2016
8am – NOON
DPW Drop-Off Center
38 Winter Street
For more information contact: 978-897-1317
This collection is operated by: Clean Harbors Environmental – 800-444-4244
NOTE: If you miss this event, please visit our Household Hazardous Waste Disposal page for information about regional facilities that are available for properly handling and disposing of this type of waste.