The ADA Commission works with town officers and departments to identify community needs under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) law.
To offer all Town Citizens with permanent and temporary disabilities an Equal Opportunity in accessing Town government offices, public buildings, Programs, Goods & Services, Transportation,Telecommunications via the Internet, and Recreational opportunities. In collaboration with Town Officials and the Maynard Community, the ADA Committee will:
- Educate town citizens and officials about the Town’s needs including but not limited to physical accessibility, electronic mail communications and community programs.
- Provide a referral database of area resources and services for Citizens in need.
- Advocate for safe community access for all Citizens.
- How to apply for a disabled parking placard or plate
- Local van transportation provided by the Maynard Council on Aging
- Center for Living & Working – providing independent living services for Central Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Office on Disability
- Federal information and opportunities for the disabled community
Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
Provides programs and services that promote the independence of people wtih disabilties, including:
- MassMATCH – information on assistive technology programs and services
- Independent living programs and services
- Job placement and training
- Vocational rehabilitation