The Coolidge School has served Maynard for more than 100 years. In December 2014 the school’s main tenant, The Maynard Public Schools Administration, vacated the building. Now the town must decide what to do with Coolidge: use it, sell it, demolish it.
The Coolidge Re-use Task Force, a committee appointed by the Board of Selectmen, will study the options and make recommendations to the board.
A public forum on the school was held on 28-Feb-2015. A summary of that forum is available in the Resources section below.
On 24-Jun-2015 the Task Force published its final report, presented to the Board of Selectmen on 30-Jun-2015. Consequently, the task force is no longer an active committee.
Final Report – June 24, 2015
- Cover Letter
- Final Report of the Task Force
- Appendix A: Public Forum Summary Report (in Resources below)
- Appendix B: Tappe Associates Report (in Resources below)
- Appendix C: Coolidge excerpt from AECON Report (in Resources below)
- Appendix D: Neighborhood Aerial View
- Appendix E: Assessor’s Valuation
- Appendix F: MIIA Commercial Building Valuation Report
- Appendix G: MHC Inventory Form B
- Appendix H: Coolidge School Description and History
- Appendix I: School Committee letter to Town declaring property surplus
- Appendix J: Annual TM article May 2015 for transfer from School Department to Town
- Appendix K: Epsilon Associates Coolidge School Assessment Letter
- Appendix L: Maynard Historic Commission’s Recommendations
- Appendix M — Draft parcel division
The Task Force has delivered its report and is now dissolved. No future meetings are planned.
- Task Force Meeting Minutes are archived below.
- Lee Acker
- Sally Bubier, Chair
- Tim Hess
- Rick Lefferts
- Jack MacKeen
- Vicki Brown Stevens, Secretary
- Ken Neuhauser
Resources & Reports
- Coolidge School Forum (28-Feb-2015) Summary Report
- Coolidge School Facility Review (Tappé Associates, 2008)
- Coolidge School Building Observation Report (2011)
- Coolidge School MACRIS Report