The Town of Maynard’s Business Environment Enhancement Program (BEEP) provides funding for efforts conducive to enhancing Maynard’s business environment. Proposed projects/initiatives may include but are not limited to: aesthetic improvements, investment in infrastructure and promotional efforts. Recipients of funds may include business owners, boards/committees, community groups or property owners.
Working closely with Town staff, the program goal is for recipients to provide improvements within Maynard that will attract customers, leverage private investment, create high-wage employment opportunities and encourage improvements to area properties.
Funded initially by the Maynard Downtown Enhancement Fund, BEEP grants may be direct awards or provided as reimbursements to the participant after the project is completed. The BEEP includes:
- Up to $10,000 grant for the general initiative. The $10,000 cap may be expanded based on project merits. Multiple consecutive grants may also be approved based on project merits.
- Up to $5,000 matching grant (50/50) for façade improvements or other exterior business improvements.
- Up to $1,000 matching grant (50/50) for paint or sign improvements.
Grant applications are reviewed by the Economic Development Committee (EDC) as received. If approved by the EDC, the application and recommended grant amount is forwarded to the Board of Selectman for final approval. Applications will be weighed by evaluation criteria that awards points based on:
|Criteria||Maximum Points Available (20 total)|
|Consistency with town priorities (as identified in the Community Development Principles). Max 5 points.|
|Potential impact on the overall Town business environment. Max 5 points.|
|Public benefit (improvement of amenities). Max 5 points.|
|Pricing of initiative. Max 5 points.|
When evaluating multiple applications, priority shall be given to participants who have not received a previous award for funds in the BEEP.
FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE NOW FOR ELIGIBLE PROJECTS
- Review the program guidelines here (also available in the Resources section below)
- Download and fill out the BEEP Application
- Send the completed application to the Municipal Services department.
If you have questions or just need more info about this program contact Bill Nemser at Bnemser@townofmaynard.net or 978-897-1302.