Fire Station Building Committee

mfd-engine-2The Town of Maynard Fire Station was opened in 1955 at the apex of Main, Summer, and Acton Streets in Maynard’s then relatively quiet, downtown. Two years later, Digital Equipment Corporation let offices in an old woolen mill in town and changed the history of the town forever. DEC has been gone for more than 18 years – officially absorbed by COMPAQ in 1998, but the fire station remains. A lot has changed in the past 60 years and the fire service is no exception. An increased need for medical service provision is met by our department with basic life support ambulance and related equipment and specialized equipment for fire suppression, rescues, and hazardous material handling. This gear and the training our fire fighters receive combine to make our fire fighters, residents, and town, safer. Vehicles carrying this equipment and our fire fighters are larger, restricting space at the Station. The building housing the trucks, equipment, and staff is no longer adequate to meet the needs of the community.

At May 2015 Town Meeting, the townspeople voted funds to conduct a feasibility study for a new station. In the spring of 2016, the Board of Selectmen convened an ad hoc building committee to review the study results, set the scope of a new building, determine potential locations, and provide estimated costs and financing options.

 

Members

  • Ron Calabria, Chair
  • Chris DiSilva, Chairman of the Board of Selectmen
  • David Gavin, Selectman
  • Nathan Ulrich, Finance Committee Member
  • Dan Costello, Finance Committee Member
  • Kevin Sweet, Town Administrator
  • Andrew Scribner-MacLean, Assistant Town Administrator
  • Anthony Stowers, Fire Chief
  • Sean Kiley, Fire Captain
  • Aaron Miklosko, DPW/Facilities Town of Maynard
  • Josh Morse, Maynard Resident
  • Tim Lawton, Maynard Resident
  • Phil Mcully, Maynard Resident
 

Meeting Agendas and Minutes

 

Fire Station Property RFP

 

Documents and Presentations