The Maynard Historical Commission’s mission is to preserve, protect and develop the historic and archaeological assets of the community; ensure that the goals of historic preservation are considered in the planning and future development of the community.
The Commission typically meets third Tuesday of every month starting at 7:00 in the Trustees Room of the Maynard Public Library. This is not a “regular” schedule so please check the meeting calendar to confirm our next meeting.
Next Meeting: Apr 15 – 7:00pm, Library (Trustees Room) [Agenda]
News and Updates
- Mar 26, 2013 – The Maynard Historical Commission is pleased to announce the Historical House Plaque Program for residences in Maynard. Learn more.
- Mar 27, 2013 – The Maynard Historical Commission is pleased to announce the availability of the historical “Walk Maynard” tours. Visit our web page and try out the five walking tours that highlight the history of the town.
- Maynard Historical Walking Tours
- Historical Markers Program
- Residential Historical Plaques Program
- Glenwood Cemetery Fence Restoration (a CPA-funded project)
- Town Scale Restoration (a CPA-funded project)
- MACRIS Update (a proposed CPA-funded project)
- Maynard 2021 – Sesquicentennial Planning (in concert with the Maynard Historical Society)
Contacting the Commission
You can send an email to the chair of the Historical Commission at: email@example.com