The Maynard Historical Commission’s mission is to preserve, protect and develop the historic and archaeological assets of the community; ensure that the goals of historic preservation are considered in the planning and future development of the community.
The Commission typically meets third Tuesday of every month starting at 7:00 in the Trustees Room of the Maynard Public Library. This is not a “regular” schedule so please check the meeting calendar to confirm our next meeting.
Next Meeting: Jan 20 – 7pm, Library (Trustees Room) [Agenda]
News and Updates
- Oct 3, 2014 – The Maynard Historical Commission hosted a Regional Workshop on Demolition Delay Bylaws on November 6th in the Maynard Public Library. Town officials and interested public from Maynard and neighboring towns were encouraged to attend. Learn more.
- Mar 26, 2013 – The Maynard Historical Commission is pleased to announce the Historical House Plaque Program for residences in Maynard. Learn more.
- Mar 27, 2013 – The Maynard Historical Commission is pleased to announce the availability of the historical “Walk Maynard” tours. Visit our web page and try out the five walking tours that highlight the history of the town.
- Maynard Historical Walking Tours
- Historical Markers Program
- Residential Historical Plaques Program
- Glenwood Cemetery Fence Restoration (a CPA-funded project)
- Town Scale Restoration (a CPA-funded project)
- MACRIS Update (a proposed CPA-funded project)
- Maynard 2021 – Sesquicentennial Planning (in concert with the Maynard Historical Society)
Contacting the Commission
You can send an email to the chair of the Historical Commission at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Peg Brown||Alternate Member|
|Paul Boothroyd||Alternate Member|
* Ellen Duggan is the Commission’s representative on the Community Preservation Committee.