The Maynard Golf Club Reuse Committee was chartered with assessing the feasibility of alternatives to the land and resources of the Maynard Golf Course (formerly the Maynard Country Club). A series of public forums throughout the assessment process afforded all residents the opportunity to offer opinions and provide input on how you feel the property can be best utilized. Please feel free to make use of our feedback form at the bottom of this page to provide input to the committee.
The Maynard Golf Club Re-Use Committee is no longer active. See our final report below.
About the Committee
To assess the feasibility of alternatives at the Maynard Country Club land (going forward know as “the property”), that are consistent with the Community Preservation Act, and which enhance the character and vitality of the Maynard community for all ages.
- Develop a thorough and complete understanding of the property’s characteristics including location, size, shape, natural features, amenities, history, importance in past Town reports and studies, current operating situation, revenues, legal issues, limitations and other relevant issues related to its use;
- Maintain an awareness of the operating status and maintenance issues of the property while under private management
- Evaluate the various recreation, open space, entertainment, cultural, athletic, housing, alternative energy, natural resource, business, revenue and other opportunities with potential at the property and that are consistent with the mission, to determine the feasibility of such activities at the property
- Evaluate alternative management structures
- Initiate a fully public and transparent process whereby residents, businesses, town boards and committees, and interested organizations can provide input and receive regular updates and communications about the progress of the committee
- Provide a draft and final report for acceptance by the 2014 Annual Town Meeting which includes preferred recommendations for action by the Board of Selectmen. Such Report shall summarize the process, timeline, input received, alternatives evaluated, rational for the recommendations, management structure, revenue potential, benefits and costs.
|Adam Conn (Secretary)|
|Mark Grundstrom (Chair)|
|Kathy Campbell (Vice Chair)|
|Bill Cranshaw (Board of Selectmen Liaison)|
Download the final report of the committee. (Oct 2014)
- MAPC Golf Course Reuse Analysis (28-Mar-2013, pdf): This report was compiled based on vision sessions conducted with community feedback and resources available to the Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC). The Maynard Golf Re-Use Committee will use this report as a resource toward completing a more comprehensive review and analysis in support of it’s overall objective.
- MAPC Grant Project Workplan – Golf Club Reuse (pdf)
- Maynard Country Club – Geographical Features Map (pdf)
- Maynard Country Club – Soils Map (pdf)
The Maynard Golf Course Reuse Committee is seeking citizens' comments on how the town should reuse the land and resources of the former Maynard Country Club. We hope to do a thorough job and would like to hear your ideas, concerns, comments, history, and any other thoughts you have -- or if you have suggestions for additional information you would like to see on our web page please let us know.
Powered by Fast Secure Contact Form