To provide Maynard with solutions to successfully prepare for present and future climate, energy, and environmental challenges.
- Maintaining coordination with Town departments.
- Assisting with sustainability goals set in planning documents and regulations for the community.
- Identifying and collaborating with local, regional, and national programs to assist in their mission.
- Identifying both public and non-governmental funding sources for program implementation.
- Helping provide consistency of institutional knowledge and record keeping.
- Assisting with pro-active infrastructure strategizing and planning.
- Fostering the practice of potable water conservation. Protecting future municipal water sources.
- Working towards the Town’s transition to affordable renewable energy.
- Reducing household, business, and school waste.
- Increasing availability of energy efficient public transportation.
- Identifying and promoting opportunities for green infrastructure.
- Reducing toxic use and polluting practices in the community.
- Increasing the Town’s tree canopy and other water purifying and retention landscaping.
- Identifying community coaches and other resources to help residents, businesses, and schools implement resilient solutions and energy efficiency.
- Fostering a culture of community engagement in and understanding of transition goals. Engage all stakeholders.
This is a new committee. It has not yet set a meeting schedule.
- Beth Alafat
- Victoria Brown
- John Frechette
- Geoff Nelson
- Ken Neuhauser
- Priscilla Ryder
- Kate Wheeler