The Maynard Tree Committee is dedicated to promoting the growth of a healthy and diverse population of trees on public and private property throughout the town. It shall:
- Assist the Tree Warden & Conservation Agent in duties under MGL and municipal bylaws.
- Promote planting, protection, and community outreach of trees and their benefits throughout the Town.
- Regulate removal and replacement of trees as described by MGL and municipal bylaws.
- Create and update municipal tree bylaws; facilitate tree surveys and help maintain inventories; develop tree manuals and programs; and undertake other initiatives that they and the Tree Warden find necessary for their mission.
- Educate the community about the value of trees and about tree resources available to them. Inform the public about the local tree initiatives.
- Seek grants and other assistance for planting, maintenance, and preservation of trees in town.
The Tree Committee is an ad hoc, Town Administrator appointed committee ((like a working group).
- Justin DeMarco (DPW Tree Warden, Co-Chair)
- Kaitlin Young (Co-Chair)
- Lee Caras
- Kate Wheeler
- Leslie Bryant
- Orian Green
- Neil Pederson
- Student/school representative; to be named later
If you have questions or interest in this committee, please contact the Maynard DPW.