Special Town Meeting – Jan 11, 2016
Please be advised that the Maynard Board of Selectmen, acting at their August 18, 2015 meeting voted: “To set the date and time of a Special Town Meeting (STM) as 7:00 PM on Monday, January 11, 2016, and a snow/ weather postponement date and time of 7:00 PM on Tuesday, January 12, 2016, if needed, and to designate the Fowler School Auditorium at 3 Tiger Drive as the location for this Special Town Meeting.” Accordingly, the deadline for submittal of Citizens Petition Warrant Articles to the Board of Selectmen is Tuesday, November 24th, 2015.
STM Warrant will be available at Town Hall on December 17, 2015, as well as on the Town Web site.
Annual and Special Town Meeting – May 18, 2015
To All Citizens of the Town of Maynard and Other Interested Parties:
Please be advised that the Maynard Board of Selectmen, acting at their January 20, 2015 Board of Selectmen’s meeting voted five to zero: “To set the date and time of the Annual and Special Town Meetings as 7:00 PM. on Monday, May 18, 2015 respectively and to designate the Fowler School Auditorium on Tiger Drive as the location for the Annual and Special Town Meetings.”
Citizen’s petitions must be submitted with the question presented at the top of each side of the signature page. They must be submitted to the Town Clerks Office and certified by the Town Clerk in order to be included on the warrant.
The deadline for submission of Citizens Petition Articles for the Annual Town Meeting is 12:00 noon Friday April 3, 2015 and for Special Town meeting Petition April 21, 2015 for Special Petition Articles (Per Charter, at least 45 days prior to the town meeting for annual town meeting and at least 30 days on special town meeting).
Voter Registration Deadline was April 28
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 is the deadline to register to vote in the Annual Town Meeting on May 18, 2015.
The Town Clerks’ Office will be open that day from 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. to register to vote. Voter registration forms must be received by the Board of Registrars or postmarked on or before the deadline for the election or town meeting.
If you have any questions regarding voter registration, or changing party enrollment, please call the Town Clerk: (978) 897-1300.
Annual and Special Town Meeting
May 18, 2015 at 7:00 pm
Fowler School Auditorium
3 Tiger Drive, Maynard, MA 01754
Warrants and Reports
Annual Town Meeting Warrant (posted 14-Apr)
Special Town Meeting Warrant (posted 7-May)
129 Acton Street Development Agreement (dated 6-May, posted 13-May)
FinCom Information Session and Recommendations
The Finance Committee held a public hearing on Monday, May 11th at 7pm in Town Hall to discuss with any citizen who desires further information, as to any Articles in the Warrant to which the Finance Committee has made a recommendation. Explanation and discussion concerning these matters may be helpful in the interest of saving time at the Special Town Meeting. Your participation is welcome.
- FY2016 Budget Review
- 2015 Annual and Special Town Meeting Recommendations (updated 11-May)
These results were recorded during Town Meeting and is believed to be accurate. The Town Clerk holds the final, official results. Articles listed as “approved” without a specific vote count were unanimously approved by Town Meeting.
Annual Town Meeting Articles
- APPROVED (Town Report Acceptance)
- APPROVED (Obsolete Equipment)
- APPROVED (Authorize Revolving Funds)
- APPROVED (FY 2016 Salary Administration Plan)
- 120 Yes / 10 No, APPROVED (Town Budget)
- APPROVED (Optional Additional Exemption)
- 123 Yes / 8 No, APPROVED (Sewer Enterprise Fund)
- 125 Yes / 6 No, (Water Enterprise Fund)
- APPROVED (FinCom Reserve Fund)
- 127 Yes / 6 No, APPROVED (Community Preservation Fund Budget)
- APPROVED (Easements for Town Own Land)
- 118 Yes / 18 No, APPROVED 2/3rds (Fire Station Feasibility Study)
Dissolved at 8:31pm
Special Town Meeting Articles
- 108 Yes / 3 No, APPROVED 2/3rds (Free Cash Appropriation)
- 104 Yes / 3 No, APPROVED 2/3rds (Free Cash – Assabet River Rail Trail)
- 101 Yes / 4 No, APPROVED 2/3rds (Overlay Release Appropriation)
- 100 Yes / 4 No, APPROVED (Water Retained Earnings)
- 103 Yes / 2 No, APPROVED (Sewer Retained Earnings)
- 104 Yes / 3 No, APPROVED (CPA Reserve Appropriation)
- 102 Yes / 6 No, APPROVED 2/3rds (Acton Street Zoning)
- 69 Yes / 26 No, APPROVED 2/3rds (Purchase Real Property)
- APPROVED (Transfer Coolidge School to Board of Selectmen)
Dissolved at 10:22