|Address:||195 Main Street
Maynard, MA 01754
|Administration:||Michèle Grenier, PWS, CWS
Conservation Administrator/Assistant Planner
|Department Hours:||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8am to 4pm
Tuesday: 8am to 7pm
Friday: 8am to 12noon
All applications and forms must be submitted electronically as well as hard copy.
The Conservation Commission and Conservation Division’s Mission is to work to protect the natural resources of Maynard, the gems of green space that we too often take for granted, until they are threatened by development.
- Administer the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands Bylaw
- Undertake land acquisition
- Undertake land management
- Undertake public education and public participation
- Administer the Maynard Stormwater Management Bylaw
About the Commission
The reason for the Commission’s existence: Open space pays
- Open space protection saves the town money: development increases demands for schools, roads, water, and related infrastructure.
- Open space increases the quality of life for all residents: a healthy environment provides clean water, clean air, recreation, increased property values, etc.
- Open space provides biological diversity: otters, herons, rare species.
Who is on the Conservation Commission: Dedicated volunteers
- Commission members: Fred King, M. John Dwyer, Carrie O’Connell, Jessica Pfeifer and Jamie Bullis.
Contacting the Commission
- For Conservation Commission matters please contact us at 978-897-1360 (email: email@example.com)
- The office is also open from 3:30 to 6:30pm when the Commission meets.
- All applications and forms must be submitted electronically as well as hard copy.
There are other many ways you can volunteer to help. Look at these volunteer opportunities.
Commission Meetings / Events / Statements
The Commission meets the first and third Tuesdays of every month starting at 6:30 pm. Please call the office for information about our agenda.
In Memoriam – Peter Keenan
The Conservation Commission would like to express their deepest sympathies for the loss of Peter Keenan.
Peter was a long standing member of the Conservation Commission and played an integral and vital role on the Commission. He freely contributed his experience as a conservation agent in Wellesley.
There are few who could compare to Peter. We will miss him.
Assabet River Rail Trail
For information about the Assabet River Rail Trail Project, including design specifications in Maynard, please visit the Assabet River Rail Trail Project page.
|M. John Dwyer||Commission member|
|Carrie O’Connell||Commission member|
|Jessica Pfeifer||Commission member|
|Jamie Bullis||Commission member|
- Abutter Notification Form
- Stormwater Management Application Form (PDF / MS-Word)
- Wetland Protection Act Forms
- Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands Bylaw Information
- Open Space and Recreation Plan (pdf)
- Massachusetts Stormwater Handbook
- Stormwater Matters (pdf)
- Maynard Stormwater Management Bylaw (pdf)
- Maynard Open Space and Trails page
- Maynard Open Space and Trails Map (pdf)
- Walcott Woods Botanical Survey (pdf)
- Links to Related Websites