|Address:||195 Main Street|
Maynard, MA 01754
|Administration:||Bill Nemser (Town Planner)|
Interim Conservation Administrator/Assistant Planner
|Department Hours:||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8am to 4pm|
Tuesday: 8am to 7pm
Friday: 8am to 12noon
All applications and forms must be submitted electronically as well as hard copy.
The Conservation Commission and Conservation Division’s Mission is to work to protect the natural resources of Maynard, the gems of green space that we too often take for granted, until they are threatened by development.
- Administer the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands Bylaw
- Undertake land acquisition
- Undertake land management
- Undertake public education and public participation
- Administer the Maynard Stormwater Management Bylaw
About the Commission
The reason for the Commission’s existence: Open space pays
- Open space protection saves the town money: development increases demands for schools, roads, water, and related infrastructure.
- Open space increases the quality of life for all residents: a healthy environment provides clean water, clean air, recreation, increased property values, etc.
- Open space provides biological diversity: otters, herons, rare species.
Who is on the Conservation Commission: Dedicated volunteers
- Commission members: Jamie Bullis, M. John Dwyer, Ellen Greendale, Karen O’Reily, and Andrew Snyder.
Contacting the Commission
- For Conservation Commission matters please contact us at 978-897-1360
- The office is also open from 3:30 to 6:30pm when the Commission meets.
- All applications and forms must be submitted electronically as well as hard copy.
There are other many ways you can volunteer to help. Look at these volunteer opportunities.
Commission Meetings / Events / Statements
The Commission meets the first and third Tuesdays of every month starting at 6:30 pm. Please call the office for information about our agenda.
Public Hearing Schedule and Filing Deadlines
View the 2017/2018 Hearing Schedule and Filing Deadlines
Applications for Notice of Intents, (NOIs) ANRADs and RDAs are due three weeks or more prior to a regularly scheduled meeting, based on Agenda availability.
Please file applications in the Conservation Office according to the following timelines.
- All dates subject to change. (Hearings are normally on the 1st Tuesday. January, July, and August are on 3rd Tuesday due to holiday conflicts.)
- All items required for a complete application must be submitted by 12:00 pm (noon) on the deadline day. No exceptions.
- The timeline below represents the soonest an application may be heard by the Conservation Commission. Submitting by the deadline may not secure a place on the desired agenda. Please note that all applications are reviewed on a first submittal basis and all applications will be reviewed within the statutory time requirements.
- Any revised plans or additional submittals must be submitted to the Conservation Office 10 days prior to a scheduled meeting.
|Meeting Date||Time||Location||Application Deadline|
|November 14, 2017||6.30pm||Town Hall||October 24, 2017|
|December 5, 2017||6.30pm||Town Hall||November 15, 2017|
|January 16, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||December 20, 2017|
|February 6, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||January 10, 2018|
|March 6, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||February 7, 2018|
|April 3, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||March 6, 2018|
|May 1, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||April 4, 2018|
|June 5, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||May 9, 2018|
|July 17, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||June 20, 2018|
|August 21, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||July 25, 2018|
|September 4, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||August 8, 2018|
|October 2, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||September 5, 2018|
|November 6, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||October 10, 2018|
|December 4, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||November 26, 2018|
Assabet River Rail Trail
For information about the Assabet River Rail Trail Project, including design specifications in Maynard, please visit the Assabet River Rail Trail Project page.
|M. John Dwyer||Commission member|
|Ellen Greendale||Commission member|
|Karen O’Reily||Commission member|
|Andrew Snyder||Commission member|
- Abutter Notification Form
- Stormwater Management Application Form (PDF / MS-Word)
- Wetlands Administration: Municipal Applications and Fees
- Wetland Protection Act Forms
- Notice of Intent Requirements / Checklist
- Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands Bylaw Information
- Maynard Stormwater Regulations (pdf, 1-Aug-2017)
- Maynard Stormwater Management Bylaw (pdf)
- Massachusetts Stormwater Handbook
- Stormwater Matters (pdf)
- Open Space and Recreation Plan (pdf)
- Maynard Open Space and Trails page
- Maynard Open Space and Trails Map (pdf)
- Walcott Woods Botanical Survey (pdf)
- Links to Related Websites