|Address:||195 Main Street
Maynard, MA 01754
|Department Hours:||Monday, Wednesday-Friday: 8am to 4pm
Tuesdays: 8am to 7pm
|Agent Office Hours:||Mon-Thu: 9am-2pm
(1st & 3rd Tues, 3pm-on for ConsCom meeting)
The Conservation Commission and Conservation Division’s Mission is to work to protect the natural resources of Maynard, the gems of green space that we too often take for granted, until they are threatened by development.
- Administer the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands Bylaw
- Undertake land acquisition
- Undertake land management
- Undertake public education and public participation
- Administer the Maynard Stormwater Management Bylaw
About the Commission
The reason for the Commission’s existence: Open space pays
- Open space protection saves the town money: development increases demands for schools, roads, water, and related infrastructure.
- Open space increases the quality of life for all residents: a healthy environment provides clean water, clean air, recreation, increased property values, etc.
- Open space provides biological diversity: otters, herons, rare species.
Who is on the Conservation Commission: Dedicated volunteers
- Commission members: Fred King, M. John Dwyer, Carrie O’Connell, Jessica Pfeifer and John Thomas, Jr.
- Part-time Conservation Agent: Linda Hansen
Contacting the Commission
- For Conservation Commission matters please contact Linda Hansen, Conservation Agent at 978-897-1360 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The office is also open from 3:30 to 6:30pm when the Commission meets.
There are other many ways you can volunteer to help. Look at these volunteer opportunities.
Commission Meetings / Events / Statements
The Commission meets the first and third Tuesdays of every month starting at 6:30 pm. Please call the office for information about our agenda.
Next Meeting: Oct 21 – 6:30pm [Agenda]
NOTE: The next regularly scheduled meeting on Nov 4th has been rescheduled to Nov 6th. Nov 4th is an election day.
129 Parker Street Project:
The developer is now submitting site inspection and erosion control reports in accordance with the EPA SWPPP and Maynard’s Stormwater Bylaw. The reports are available on the 129 Parker Street Project page
|M. John Dwyer||Commission member|
|Carrie O’Connell||Commission member|
|Jessica Pfeifer||Commission member|
|John Thomas, Jr.||Commission member|
|Peter Keenan||Associate member|
|Linda Hansen||Part-time Conservation Agent|
- Abutter Notification Form
- Stormwater Management Application Form (PDF / MS-Word)
- Wetland Protection Act Forms
- Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands Bylaw Information
- Open Space and Recreation Plan (pdf)
- Massachusetts Stormwater Handbook
- Stormwater Matters (pdf)
- Maynard Stormwater Management Bylaw (pdf)
- Maynard Open Space and Trails page
- Maynard Open Space and Trails Map (pdf)
- Walcott Woods Botanical Survey (pdf)
- Links to Related Websites
- Emergency Contact – Fred King (Chairman) at 978-897-0030 ext. 221