|Address:||195 Main Street|
Maynard, MA 01754
|Administration:||Michèle Grenier, PWS, CWS|
Conservation Administrator/Assistant Planner
|Department Hours:||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8am to 4pm|
Tuesday: 8am to 7pm
Friday: 8am to 12noon
All applications and forms must be submitted electronically as well as hard copy.
The Conservation Commission and Conservation Division’s Mission is to work to protect the natural resources of Maynard, the gems of green space that we too often take for granted, until they are threatened by development.
- Administer the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands Bylaw
- Undertake land acquisition
- Undertake land management
- Undertake public education and public participation
- Administer the Maynard Stormwater Management Bylaw
About the Commission
The reason for the Commission’s existence: Open space pays
- Open space protection saves the town money: development increases demands for schools, roads, water, and related infrastructure.
- Open space increases the quality of life for all residents: a healthy environment provides clean water, clean air, recreation, increased property values, etc.
- Open space provides biological diversity: otters, herons, rare species.
Who is on the Conservation Commission: Dedicated volunteers
- Commission members: Fred King, M. John Dwyer, Jessica Pfeifer and Jamie Bullis.
Contacting the Commission
- For Conservation Commission matters please contact us at 978-897-1360 (email: email@example.com)
- The office is also open from 3:30 to 6:30pm when the Commission meets.
- All applications and forms must be submitted electronically as well as hard copy.
There are other many ways you can volunteer to help. Look at these volunteer opportunities.
Commission Meetings / Events / Statements
The Commission meets the first and third Tuesdays of every month starting at 6:30 pm. Please call the office for information about our agenda.
Public Hearing Schedule and Filing Deadlines
View the 2017 Hearing Schedule and Filing Deadlines
- All dates subject to change.
- All items required for a complete application must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on the deadline day. No exceptions.
- The timeline below represents the soonest an application may be heard by the Conservation Commission.
- Depending on the number of applications, submitting by the deadline may not secure a place on the desired agenda. Please note that all applications are reviewed on a first submittal basis and all applications will be reviewed within the statutory time requirements.
- Any revised plans or additional submittals must be submitted to the Conservation Office and peer reviewer 10 days prior to a scheduled meeting.
|Meeting Date||Time||Location||Application Deadline|
|January 3||6.30pm||Town Hall||December 15, 2016|
|January 17||6.30pm||Town Hall||December 27, 2016|
|February 7||6.30pm||Town Hall||January 17, 2017|
|February 21||6.30pm||Town Hall||February 1, 2017|
|March 7||6.30pm||Town Hall||February 16, 2017|
|March 21||6:30pm||Town Hall||March 6, 2017|
|April 4||6.30pm||Town Hall||March 15, 2017|
|April 18||6.30pm||Town Hall||March 27, 2017|
|May 2||6.30pm||Town Hall||April 12, 2017|
|May 16||6.30pm||Town Hall||May 3, 2017|
|June 6||6.30pm||Town Hall||May 16, 2017|
|June 20||6.30pm||Town Hall||May 30, 2017|
|July 18||6.30pm||Town Hall||June 27, 2017|
|August 1||6.30pm||Town Hall||July 10, 2017|
|August 15||6.30pm||Town Hall||July 24, 2017|
|September 5||6.30pm||Town Hall||August 14, 2017|
|September 19||6.30pm||Town Hall||August 28, 2017|
|October 3||6.30pm||Town Hall||September 11, 2017|
|October 17||6.30pm||Town Hall||September 25, 2017|
|November 14||6.30pm||Town Hall||October 24, 2017|
|December 5||6.30pm||Town Hall||November 15, 2017|
|January 16, 2018||6.30pm||Town Hall||December 20, 2017|
|February 2, 2018||6.30pm||Town Hall||January 12, 2018|
In Memoriam – Peter Keenan
The Conservation Commission would like to express their deepest sympathies for the loss of Peter Keenan.
Peter was a long standing member of the Conservation Commission and played an integral and vital role on the Commission. He freely contributed his experience as a conservation agent in Wellesley.
There are few who could compare to Peter. We will miss him.
Assabet River Rail Trail
For information about the Assabet River Rail Trail Project, including design specifications in Maynard, please visit the Assabet River Rail Trail Project page.
|M. John Dwyer||Commission member|
|Jessica Pfeifer||Commission member|
|Jamie Bullis||Commission member|
- Abutter Notification Form
- Stormwater Management Application Form (PDF / MS-Word)
- Wetlands Administration: Municipal Applications and Fees
- Wetland Protection Act Forms
- Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands Bylaw Information
- Open Space and Recreation Plan (pdf)
- Massachusetts Stormwater Handbook
- Stormwater Matters (pdf)
- Maynard Stormwater Management Bylaw (pdf)
- Maynard Open Space and Trails page
- Maynard Open Space and Trails Map (pdf)
- Walcott Woods Botanical Survey (pdf)
- Links to Related Websites