The former Digital Equipment Corporation complex at 129 Parker Street is being developed by Capital Group Properties under the working name “The Shoppes at Maynard Crossing”. This area is a repository of information about the project’s interactions with town government (various committees and departments).
The project currently is in an “active” conceptual phase meaning that while an application has not been submitted, the town and the applicant are working on a development agreement, and any potential zoning amendments that may be necessary. If and when this is completed, the project will be taken to the Planning Board for public hearing with a final stop at town meeting where a vote will be taken on all proposed changes and a concept plan.
The Board of Selectmen has agreed to residential development consisting of 175 one and two bedroom units. Of that number 17 will be designated as “affordable”.
Hawthorne Development presented a presentation for “Maynard Retirement Residence” (presentation below). They have indicated strong interest in the site.
It is anticipated that the conceptual plan will be ready for the winter town meeting. As information is available the town will disseminate it as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your interest and we hope to have more updates in the coming weeks and months.
Recent Status Updates
Updates in 2015:
- Maynard Retirement Residence Presentation (Hawthorn Development, 14-Oct-2015)
- Maynard Retirement Residence Overview (Lenity Architecture, 14-Oct-2015)
- Fiscal Impact Analysis (20-Jul-2015, posted 20-Oct-2015)
On June 3, 2014, an application for a Subdivision Definitive Plan was submitted by Holden Engineering and Surveying on behalf of Capital Group Properties. The Planning Board is scheduled to hear this application at the Planning Board meeting of July 8, 2014. Attached are the submittal materials and staff comments:
- Subdivision Application (submitted 3-Jun-2014, posted here 8-Jul-2014)
- Subdivision Plans (8-Jul-2014, 13MB pdf)
- Response to Town Engineer Comments (8-Jul-2014)
The project is still ongoing and we will continue to update the page as the project continues. The town continues to receive periodic erosion control reports from the site and they are posted below. Any other reports relevant to the project will also be posted here (none at this time). In the summer of 2014 subdivision plans were submitted to the Planning Board.
Information about past Visioning Sessions and the 129 Parker Ad Hoc Committee have been moved to a project archive page. You can still view it for historical context.
Upcoming Meetings / Items of Note
- The project is on the agenda of the Planning Board for its July 8th meeting.
Site Inspection and Erosion Control Reports
These are the site inspection and erosion control reports submitted on behalf of Capital Group Properties in accordance with the approved SWPPP (EPA Tracking MAR12AI87) and the Maynard Stormwater Bylaw Permit:
- June 14, 2014
- April 25, 2014
- March 1, 2014
- January 30, 2014
- December 24, 2013
- November 11, 2013
- August 15, 2013
- July 26, 2013
- July 14, 2013
- July 2, 2013
- May 19, 2013
- April 28, 2013
- April 23, 2013
Past Meetings / Presentations / Items of Note
The following is a record of past meetings and events for this project. It is here so you can see how various committees have reviewed and responded to the proposals and any Town Meeting articles that arise from it.
- (no recent history)
(Note: Information on meetings and other activities related to earlier project proposals can be found on the project historical archive page.)
- 129 Parker Ad Hoc Committee Recommendations Report (12-Mar-2014)
- Visioning Process Summary Report (17-Oct-2013)
- Keypad polling results from the September 26th meeting
- Slides from the September 26, 2013 Planning Workshop
- Slides from the August 29, 2013 Planning Workshop
- Maynard Crossing Concept Plan – Option 2B Updated (14-Feb-2014, from Capital Properties)
- Maynard Crossing Concept Plan – Option 1B (24-Dec-2013, from Capital Properties)
- Maynard Crossing Concept Plan – Option 2B (24-Dec-2013, from Capital Properties)