The 58 acre former Digital Equipment Corporation complex at 129 Parker Street is being developed by Capital Group Properties under the working name “The Shoppes at Maynard Crossing.”
The project includes:
- a 68,000 square foot supermarket
- a congregate care retirement community (143 units)
- residential uses (180 units with 22 dedicated affordable)
- health club
- medical offices
- retail uses and restaurants
The site development is controlled locally by three key instruments:
- The Town’s Zoning By-laws. The property zoning designation is “Neighborhood Business Overlay District” (NBOD).
- The Memorandum of Agreement between the Town and the developer.
- The Concept Plan and Signage Plan approved by Town Meeting on Oct 5, 2016.
All phases of the project development must be consistent with these three documents.
The project was approved by the Planning Board on August 16, 2017 and the Zoning Board of Appeals on August 7, 2017.
- The Planning Board’s Recorded Decision is available here. (19-Sep-2017)
- The Zoning Board of Appeals Recorded Decision is available here. (19-Sep-2017)
- Mass DEP Order of Conditions (7-Aug-2017)
- Full Plans (signed, 27-Sep-2017) – This is a very large download (>250MB)
Here are updates on the project:
- Preliminary Demolition Schedule (25-Oct-2017)
The following supporting documents were used in the review process:
- Operations Manual (provided by applicant, updated 1-Nov-2017)
- Engineering Analysis (provided by applicant)
- Traffic Impact and Access Study (provided by applicant)
- Drainage Report (provided by applicant, updated 28-Jun-2017)
- Stormwater Calculations (provided by applicant, updated 26-Jul-2017)
- Water and Sewer Capacity Analysis (provided by applicant)
- Fiscal Impact Analysis (provided by Town)
- Intersections Improvements Overview (provided by applicant)
- Environmental Notification Form (provided by applicant)
- Route 27 (Parker Street) Changes
- Proposed Roadway Reconstruction (14-Aug-2017)
- Proposed Intersection Improvements (14-Aug-2017)
- Special Provisions to Proposed Roadway Reconstruction (14-Aug-2017)
- Response to Peer Review Comments (6-Jun-2017)
- Planning Board: Public Hearing continues (see Planning Board agendas)
Thank you for your interest!
Bill Nemser, Town Planner
Information about past Visioning Sessions (2013-2014) and the 129 Parker Ad Hoc Committee have been moved to a project archive page. You can still view it for historical context.