The 58 acre former Digital Equipment Corporation complex at 129 Parker Street is being developed by Capital Group Properties under the working name “The Shoppes at Maynard Crossing.”
The proposed project includes:
- a 68,000 square foot supermarket
- a congregate care retirement community (143 units)
- residential uses (180 units with 22 dedicated affordable)
- health club
- medical offices
- retail uses and restaurants
The site development is controlled locally by three key instruments:
- The Town’s Zoning By-laws. The property zoning designation is “Neighborhood Business Overlay District” (NBOD).
- The Memorandum of Agreement between the Town and the developer.
- The Concept Plan and Signage Plan approved by Town Meeting on Oct 5, 2016.
All phases of the project development must be consistent with these three documents.
The project is currently in Site Plan review and Special Permit approval hearings with the Planning Board. The current documents under review are listed and linked below:
- Site Plan Application
- Site Plan
- Landscape Plans
- Special Permit Application – Drive-Thru
- Special Permit Application – Multi-Family Use
- Special Permit Application – Congregate Care Retirement Community
The following supporting documents are being used in the review process.
- Engineering Analysis (provided by applicant)
- Traffic Impact and Access Study (provided by applicant)
- Drainage Report (provided by applicant)
- Water and Sewer Capacity Analysis (provided by applicant)
- Fiscal Impact Analysis (provided by Town)
- Intersections Improvements Overview (provided by applicant)
- Environmental Notification Form (provided by applicant)
- Planning Board: April 25, 2017
Thank you for your interest!
Bill Nemser, Town Planner
Information about past Visioning Sessions (2013-2014) and the 129 Parker Ad Hoc Committee have been moved to a project archive page. You can still view it for historical context.