The 58 acre former Digital Equipment Corporation complex at 129 Parker Street is being developed by Capital Group Properties under the working name “The Shoppes at Maynard Crossing.”
The proposed project includes:
- a 68,000 square foot supermarket
- a congregate care retirement community (143 units)
- residential uses (180 units with 22 dedicated affordable)
- health club
- medical offices
- retail uses and restaurants
The site development is controlled locally by three key instruments:
- The Town’s Zoning By-laws. The property zoning designation is “Neighborhood Business Overlay District” (NBOD).
- The Memorandum of Agreement between the Town and the developer.
- The Concept Plan and Signage Plan approved by Town Meeting on Oct 5, 2016.
All phases of the project development must be consistent with these three documents.
The project has passed Site Plan review and Special Permit approval hearings with the Planning Board. Both the Planning Board and ZBA have recorded their decisions with the Town Clerk’s office.
- The Planning Board’s Notice of Decision is available here. (28-Aug-2017)
- The Zoning Board of Appeals Notice of Decision is available here. (28-Aug-2017)
These are the documents that were under review as part of the decision-making process:
- Site Plan (updated 10-Aug-2017, note: large document: 48MB)
- Landscape Plans (updated 27-Jul-2017, note: large document: 32MB)
- Draft Special Permit and Site Plan Decision (21-Jul-2017)
- Site Plan Application
- Existing Conditions (8-Jun-2017)
- Special Permit Application – Drive-Thru
- Special Permit Application – Multi-Family Use
- Special Permit Application – Congregate Care Retirement Community
The following supporting documents were used in the review process:
- Draft Operations Manual (provided by applicant, updated 24-Jul-2017)
- Engineering Analysis (provided by applicant)
- Traffic Impact and Access Study (provided by applicant)
- Drainage Report (provided by applicant, updated 28-Jun-2017)
- Stormwater Calculations (provided by applicant, updated 26-Jul-2017)
- Water and Sewer Capacity Analysis (provided by applicant)
- Fiscal Impact Analysis (provided by Town)
- Intersections Improvements Overview (provided by applicant)
- Environmental Notification Form (provided by applicant)
- Route 27 (Parker Street) Changes
- Proposed Roadway Reconstruction (14-Aug-2017)
- Proposed Intersection Improvements (14-Aug-2017)
- Special Provisions to Proposed Roadway Reconstruction (14-Aug-2017)
- Response to Peer Review Comments (6-Jun-2017)
- Planning Board: Public Hearing continues (see Planning Board agendas)
Thank you for your interest!
Bill Nemser, Town Planner
Information about past Visioning Sessions (2013-2014) and the 129 Parker Ad Hoc Committee have been moved to a project archive page. You can still view it for historical context.