The former Digital Equipment Corporation complex at 129 Parker Street is being developed by Capital Group Properties under the working name “The Shoppes at Maynard Crossing”. This area is a repository of information about the project’s interactions with town government (various committees and departments).
Since the January 8, 2014 129 Parker Street Ad Hoc Committee (129AHC) meeting, the Committee has been meeting weekly (minus inclement weather on February 5th and during School Vacation Week on February 19th). After the January 8th 129AHC Meeting, the Committee has been focusing their review on the Option 2B Plan and an updated version has been provided by the Developer, Capital Group Properties, which is available for download below. The 129AHC is currently deliberating its set of recommendations to provide to the Board of Selectmen and Planning Board, and will meet again on February 26, 2014 @7p.m.
- Updated Option 2B (14-Feb-2014)
The project is still ongoing and we will continue to update the page as the project continues. The town continues to receive periodic erosion control reports from the site and they are posted below. Any other reports relevant to the project will also be posted here (none at this time). A new round of development planning started in July 2013 including a series of visioning sessions. An ad hoc committee was formed in November 2013. New concept plans were reviewed by the committee in December 2013.
The Visioning Sessions represented a new start for the project and so all information gathered prior to that time has been moved to a project archive page. You can still view it for historical context.
Upcoming Meetings / Items of Note
- The 129 Parker Street Ad Hoc Committee will meet on Feb 5.
The Ad Hoc Committee
In November 2013 the Board of Selectmen formed an ad hoc committee regarding the future of the 129 Parker Street project. For more information please visit the committee page. As of January 2014, the committee is preparing to wind down its activities. We we move all committee materials here when that is done.
- Visioning Process Summary Report (17-Oct-2013)
- Keypad polling results from the September 26th meeting
- Slides from the September 26, 2013 Planning Workshop
- Slides from the August 29, 2013 Planning Workshop
Site Inspection and Erosion Control Reports
These are the site inspection and erosion control reports submitted on behalf of Capital Group Properties in accordance with the approved SWPPP (EPA Tracking MAR12AI87) and the Maynard Stormwater Bylaw Permit:
- January 30, 2014
- December 24, 2013
- November 11, 2013
- August 15, 2013
- July 26, 2013
- July 14, 2013
- July 2, 2013
- May 19, 2013
- April 28, 2013
- April 23, 2013
Visioning Sessions (2013)
Two visioning sessions for the 129 Parker Street property were held on August 29th and September 26th, 2013.
Read a memo with a summary of the workshops from facilitator Angus Jennings. It outlines the next steps in the 129 Parker Street Redevelopment Effort now that we have finished the two Visioning Workshops. The subject of this memo will be discussed at the 1-Oct-2013 Board of Selectmen meeting.
You can download the slides from the August 29, 2013 Planning Workshop here or the workshop on September 26, 2013 here (they are also available in the Resources section below). Also available are the keypad polling results from the September 26th meeting.
17-Oct-2013: The Summary Report is intended to summarize the process, outcomes and recommended next steps toward arriving at an agreed plan for property reuse and redevelopment at 129 Parker Street . Download the Summary Report here.
Past Meetings / Presentations / Items of Note
The following is a record of past meetings and events for this project. It is here so you can see how various committees have reviewed and responded to the proposals and any Town Meeting articles that arise from it.
- The 129 Parker Street Ad Hoc Committee met on Jan 22nd.
- The 129 Parker Street Ad Hoc Committee met on Jan 15th.
- The 129 Parker Street Ad Hoc Committee met on Jan 8th where the public was invited to comment on two Concept Plans.
- The 129 Parker Street Ad Hoc Committee met on Dec 18th.
- The 129 Parker Street Ad Hoc Committee met on Dec 4th.
- The 129 Parker Street Ad Hoc Committee met on Nov 25th.
- The Conservation Commission held a public hearing in accordance with the Wetlands Protection Act on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 8:00pm, Maynard Town Hall, Municipal Services Conference Room, to discuss the Abbreviated Notice of Resource Area Delineation filed by Capital Group Properties for the confirmation of all wetlands resource areas located at 129 Parker Street,
- The 129 Parker Street Ad Hoc Committee met on Nov 6th, 7pm at Town Hall.
- The 129 Parker Street Project was listed as an agenda item for the special Board of Selectmen meeting on Oct 30th. (NOTE: Meeting was cancelled due to lack of quorum.)
- The next steps for the 129 Parker Street visioning process was on the agenda of the Board of Selectmen meeting on 1-Oct.
(Note: Information on meetings and other activities related to earlier project proposals can be found on the project historical archive page.)