The former Digital Equipment Corporation complex at 129 Parker Street is being developed by Capital Group Properties under the working name “The Shoppes at Maynard Crossing”. This area is a repository of information about the project’s interactions with town government (various committees and departments).
A request to withdraw the application submitted by Holden Engineering and Surveying on behalf of Capital Group Properties for a definitive subdivision plan was received on July 22, 2014. Click here to view the applicant’s letter. The petition was scheduled for the July 29, 2014 meeting of the Planning Board.
Currently there are no pending applications for this property. Please continue to check this page for any updates.
Recent Status Updates
On June 3, 2014, an application for a Subdivision Definitive Plan was submitted by Holden Engineering and Surveying on behalf of Capital Group Properties. The Planning Board is scheduled to hear this application at the Planning Board meeting of July 8, 2014. Attached are the submittal materials and staff comments:
- Subdivision Application (submitted 3-Jun-2014, posted here 8-Jul-2014)
- Subdivision Plans (8-Jul-2014, 13MB pdf)
- Response to Town Engineer Comments (8-Jul-2014)
The project is still ongoing and we will continue to update the page as the project continues. The town continues to receive periodic erosion control reports from the site and they are posted below. Any other reports relevant to the project will also be posted here (none at this time). In the summer of 2014 subdivision plans were submitted to the Planning Board.
Information about past Visioning Sessions and the 129 Parker Ad Hoc Committee have been moved to a project archive page. You can still view it for historical context.
Upcoming Meetings / Items of Note
- The project is on the agenda of the Planning Board for its July 8th meeting.
Site Inspection and Erosion Control Reports
These are the site inspection and erosion control reports submitted on behalf of Capital Group Properties in accordance with the approved SWPPP (EPA Tracking MAR12AI87) and the Maynard Stormwater Bylaw Permit:
- June 14, 2014
- April 25, 2014
- March 1, 2014
- January 30, 2014
- December 24, 2013
- November 11, 2013
- August 15, 2013
- July 26, 2013
- July 14, 2013
- July 2, 2013
- May 19, 2013
- April 28, 2013
- April 23, 2013
Past Meetings / Presentations / Items of Note
The following is a record of past meetings and events for this project. It is here so you can see how various committees have reviewed and responded to the proposals and any Town Meeting articles that arise from it.
- (no recent history)
(Note: Information on meetings and other activities related to earlier project proposals can be found on the project historical archive page.)
- 129 Parker Ad Hoc Committee Recommendations Report (12-Mar-2014)
- Visioning Process Summary Report (17-Oct-2013)
- Keypad polling results from the September 26th meeting
- Slides from the September 26, 2013 Planning Workshop
- Slides from the August 29, 2013 Planning Workshop
- Maynard Crossing Concept Plan – Option 2B Updated (14-Feb-2014, from Capital Properties)
- Maynard Crossing Concept Plan – Option 1B (24-Dec-2013, from Capital Properties)
- Maynard Crossing Concept Plan – Option 2B (24-Dec-2013, from Capital Properties)