Produced by the Maynard Historical Commission and made available through a generous grant from the Maynard Cultural Council, five walking tours of Maynard were announced by the commission at the Maynard Historical Society meeting on March 26, 2012.
Created by Historical Commission member Peg Brown these tours provide a great way to get outside while learning about the history of our town.
Five tours are available:
- Main Street and The Mill (2 miles, 1:15)
- Assabet Village (2 miles, 1:45)
- New Village and Maynard’s Hill (1.9 miles, 1:30)
- Great Road (West: 2 miles, 1:30; East: 2.25 miles, 2:15)
- Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge (varies)
These tours are designed to be printed on 8.5 x 14 inch paper (legal size). They can be printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper but may be hard to read.
Printed brochures will soon be available at Town Hall and the Maynard Public Library.
Grab a tour and Walk Maynard