Produced by the Maynard Historical Commission and made available through a generous grant from the Maynard Cultural Council, five walking tours of Maynard were announced by the commission at the Maynard Historical Society meeting on March 26, 2012. The 6th and final tour was added in the Spring of 2015.
Created by Historical Commission member Peg Brown these tours provide a great way to get outside while learning about the history of our town.
Six tours are available to download:
- Main Street and The Mill (2 miles, 1:15)
- Assabet Village (2 miles, 1:45)
- New Village and Maynard’s Hill (1.9 miles, 1:30)
- Great Road (West: 2 miles, 1:30; East: 2.25 miles, 2:15)
- Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge (varies)
- Glenwood Cemetery (1 mile, 1 hour) NEW FOR 2015
These tours are designed to be printed on 8.5 x 14 inch paper (legal size). They can be printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper but may be hard to read.
Printed brochures are available at Town Hall, the Maynard Public Library, and the Senior Center.
Grab a tour and Walk Maynard