The Town of Maynard has contracted with N. Granese & Sons, Inc. to complete the roadway construction work.
Roadway paving activities will begin on or about August 19, 2019. Construction activities will include asphalt paving of several streets affected by the sewer reconstruction project earlier this year. All roads will remain open, but at times may be subject to alternating one-way traffic. Police details will be deployed to assist with safety issues. All disturbances to private property will be restored.
UPDATE: 27-Aug-2019: Roadway milling for this project is complete on all of the roads indicated below. Final surface paving began on 8/27/19 and DPW expects that all paving for this project should be complete prior to 9/6/19. Motorists are advised that some temporary roadway closures or temporary traffic detours may be employed during the paving operations in order to safely complete the work. DPW asks that motorists be patient and allow the workers to complete the paving operations as safely and efficiently as possible.
Work on the following streets will occur:
- Section of Powder Mill Road from the Elks to Waltham Street
- Waltham Street from #38 Waltham to Garfield Street
- Hayes Street from its intersection with McKinley Street to Forest Street
- Harrison Street from Hayes Street to 17 Harrison Street
- Parker Street from #81 Parker Street to Burns Court
- Old Marlborough Road from #53 to #56C Old Marlborough Road
We will make every effort to notify residents of any substantial schedule changes. If you have any questions please contact the Maynard DPW at 978-897-1317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.