The Department of Public Works consists of the Highway, Cemetery, Water, and Sewer Divisions, and the Waste Water Treatment Plant. Together, all divisions maintain the roadways, parks, cemetery and water/sewer infrastructures throughout the Town of Maynard. These Divisons are staffed with 13 full-time employees, with part-time employees supplementing the work force during the summer.
If you need to contact the DPW please use our contact form or call 978-897-1317.
News / Updates
- Recycling Drop Off Center OPEN Sep 12th
- Drainage Infrastructure Survey Continues
- DPW Tree Resource Management Plan
- Parks, Fields and Playgrounds are OPEN
- 2019 Water Quality Report
DPW Project Bid Documents
DPW Employment Opportunities
Please visit the town’s Careers page for details about any current job openings in our department.
Water Resources and Rate Planning
Here are DPW’s water and sewer utility rate recommendations presented to the Board of Selectmen on February 4th 2020. These rate recommendations are reflection of the department’s capital improvement plan as well as the water capacity study.
- Water Rate Adjustment (1-Feb-2020)
- Water/Sewer Rate Summary of Findings (3-Feb-2020)
- Water and Sewer Continuous Improvement Plan (27-Nov-2019)
- Setting Water Rates (from Massachusetts DER/DCR)
Resource Conditions and Capacity Planning
Current water resource conditions and future use analysis:
- Water Supply & Demand Presentation (14-Jan-2020)
- White Pond Study Report (31-Jul-2019)
- Water Capacity Memo (7-Jan-2020)
Understanding Water Resources
Understanding your water resource, a few guides for residents to better understand the process that goes into supplying the residents of Maynard with clean drinking water.
- Aquifers and Groundwater (USGS Water Science School)
- Cemetery and Parks Division
- Contact the DPW
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
- How Can I Get Rid Of …
- Hydrant Flushing and Maintenance
- Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness
- Recycling Drop Off Center
- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Stormwater Management
- Street Lights
- Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Water and Sewer
- Water Restrictions