Do Evil Spirits Lurk in Your Home?
Clean the skeletons out of your closets, basement, and garage.
Bring them to Maynard’s Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day.
Saturday, March 27, 2021 – 8am – Noon
at the DPW Drop-Off Center: 38 Winter Street
What Do I Bring??
From the Workbench:
- Oil Based Paints (No Latex)
- Stains and Varnishes
- Wood Preservatives
- Paint Strippers / Thinners
- Solvent Adhesives
- Lighter Fluid
From the Garage:
- Motor Oil
- Engine Degreaser
- Brake Fluid/Carburetor Cleaner
- Transmission Fluid
- Car Wax, Polishes
- Driveway Sealer
- Roofing Tar
- Swimming Pool Chemicals
From the Yard:
- Poisons, Insecticides, Fungicides
- Chemical Fertilizers
- Weed Killers
- Moth Balls
- Flea Control Products
From the House:
- SHARPS (NO CHARGE, in puncture-free containers)
- Rubber Cement, Airplane Glue
- Fiberglass Resins
- Photo Chemicals
- Chemistry Sets
- Furniture, Floor & Metal Polish
- Oven Cleaner
- Drain & Toilet Cleaner
- Spot Remover
- Rug & Upholstery Cleaner
- Hobby Supplies, Artist Supplies
- Mercury Items (thermometers, switches, etc.)
What Not To Bring!!
- Latex Paint (remove lid, dry out – trash)
- Empty Containers/Trash
- Commercial or Industrial Waste
- Radioactive Waste, Smoke Detectors
- Infectious & Biological Wastes
- Ammunition, Fireworks, Explosives
- Fire Extinguishers
- Oxygen Tanks
- Prescription Medicines
How to safely transport these Hazardous Materials:
- Leave materials in original containers.
- Tighten caps and lids.
- Sort and pack separately: oil paint, pesticides, and household cleaners.
- Pack containers in sturdy upright boxes.
- NEVER MIX CHEMICALS.
- Pack your car and drive directly to the site.
- NEVER SMOKE while handling hazardous materials.
Residency and Fees
Proof of Maynard residency is required
$50.00 minimum charge per carload – unusually large loads will require additional fees.
Payment: Checks payable to Town of Maynard, credit or debit cards are also accepted.
When and Where
Saturday, March 27, 2021
8am – NOON
DPW Drop-Off Center
38 Winter Street
For more information contact: 978-897-1317
This collection is operated by: Clean Harbors Environmental – 800-444-4244
NOTE: If you miss this event, please visit our Household Hazardous Waste Disposal page for information about other municipalities and regional facilities that are available for properly handling and disposing of this type of waste.