The Recycling Drop Off Center will be open 8am – noon for the following Saturdays in 2018:
- March 31 (chipping only)
- April 7 (chipping only)
- April 14
- May 12 (including chipping)
- June 2 (document shredding only)
- June 9
- August 11 – Household Hazardous Waste Day
- September 8
- October 13 (includes chipping)
- November 10
Bring proof of residency to the center, located at the DPW Barn at the end of Winter Street (38 Winter Street).
Chipping (during the recycle center hours)
- March 31, 2018 (chipping only)
- April 7, 2018 (chipping only)
- May 12, 2018 (chipping and recycling)
- October 13, 2018 (chipping and recycling)
There is a $10 minimum fee for small chipping loads. Larger loads will be charged accordingly.
Shredding Paper Documents is scheduled for Saturday, June 2nd at the DPW Barn (Winter Street) from 8am to noon.
Seasonal Curbside Yard Waste will take place on the following weeks:
- 2018 – May 7 – May 11, Oct 22 – Oct 26, Nov 12 – Nov 16
- 2019 – May 6 – May 10
Please place leaves, grass, wood chips and all other easily raked materials in paper yard waste bags at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your normal trash collection day.
For more information, call 978-897-1317
PAYMENT: The drop off center can accept debit and credit cards along with checks made payable to the Town of Maynard will be accepted at the Drop Off Center. All receipts will be emailed directly to the resident.
- Tires with no rim – $10
- Tires on the rim – $15
- Truck tires – $18
- Ranges and other “white” goods – $20
- Items containing chlorofluorocarbons – $25 (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.)
- Car batteries – $13
- Empty propane tanks – $8
- Microwave ovens – $10
- CRTs (cathode ray tubes) – $18 (computer displays, televisions, etc.)
- Gas powered equipment – $15 (mowers, snowblowers, etc.)
- CPU (computers) – $8
- Other metal items – $10 (minimum fee)
For Other Stuff…
Some items can be disposed of curbside, but require stickers:
$10.00 of Stickers: Futon w/mattress, mattress with box spring, Sofa 4”, Wooden Table, Dresser (each weighing less than 38 lbs). NOTE: Each piece requires $10 worth of stickers. For example a mattress with box spring would require $20 of stickers.
$2.00 of Stickers: Porcelain toilet, Mirror w/no frames, rolled and tied carpet (4’ feet long & less than 38 lbs.) Wooden kitchen chair, arm chair (less than 75 lbs.) NOTE: Each piece requires $2 worth of stickers.
Household Hazardous Waste: Please visit the Household Hazardous Waste page for more information. Occasionally the DPW runs a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day. Please visit that page for details. (For 2018 this is scheduled for August 11th.)
(If you have any questions or concerns, please call DPW at 978-897-1317.)
Are you looking to get rid something not on this list? Take a look at our “How Can I Get Rid Of…” page.
Boy Scouts Electronics Recycling Program – February and October. Please call 978-760-6299 for information or to schedule a home pick up.