The Recycling Drop Off Center will be open 8am – noon for the following Saturdays in 2022:
- April 9
- May 14
- June 11 (including chipping)
- September 10
- October 8 (including chipping)
- November 12 (including shredding)
Bring proof of residency to the center, located at the DPW Barn at the end of Winter Street (38 Winter Street).
Chipping (during the recycle center hours)
- June 11, 2022 (chipping and recycling)
- October 8,, 2022 (chipping and recycling)
There is a $20 minimum fee for small chipping loads. Larger loads will be charged accordingly. No commercial vehicles.
Shredding Paper Documents
Scheduled for November 12, 2022 at the DPW Garage (38 Winter Street) from 8am to noon. $20 a car load. (Note: No cash will be accepted. Please use check, credit card or debit card.)
Seasonal Curbside Yard Waste will take place on the following weeks:
- 2022 – May 16, 2022 – May 20, 2022
- 2022 – October 31, 2022 – November 4, 2022
- 2022 – November 14, 2022 – November 18, 2022
Please place leaves, grass, wood chips in paper yard waste bags at curbside by 7:00am on your normal trash collection day. For more information, call DPW @ 978-897-1317
Christmas Tree Disposal
The 2022 Christmas Tree Recycling Program will begin on January 8th at the DPW Highway Garage, located at 38 Winter Street. Christmas tree drop off is only permissible on the following Saturdays in January: the 8th, 15th, 22nd, & 29th, from 8am – noon.
There is a $5.00 service fee, per tree, for this program.
Please note that the Christmas Tree Recycling Program was modified in 2021 and tree drop off is no longer allowed at the Maynard Boys and Girls club parking lot.
Household Hazardous Waste
The 2022 Household Hazardous Waste Day is Saturday, April 16, 2022 from 8am to noon. Please visit the Household Hazardous Waste Day page for more details on what will be accepted, etc.
PAYMENT: The drop off center can accept debit and credit cards along with checks made payable to the Town of Maynard will be accepted at the Drop Off Center. NO CASH will be accepted.
- Tires with no rim – $15
- Tires on the rim – $20
- Truck tires – $20
- Ranges and other “white” goods – $20
- Items containing chlorofluorocarbons – $30 (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.)
- Car batteries – $15
- Empty propane tanks – $10
- Microwave ovens – $15
- CRTs (cathode ray tubes) – $25 (computer displays, televisions, etc.)
- Gas powered equipment – $20 (mowers, snow blowers, etc.)
- CPU (computers) – $15
- Other metal items – $10 (minimum fee)
For Other Stuff…
If you have any questions or concerns, please call DPW @ 978-897-1317.
Are you looking to get rid something not on this list? Take a look at our “Take a look at our “How Can I Get Rid Of…” page.
Boy Scouts Electronics Recycling Program – Please call 978-833-7280, leave a message and someone will call you back.