All residents who participate in the recycle center services:
- must only have one resident per vehicle
- must wear masks or face coverings
- have an ID showing your address ready
- do not get out of the vehicle. The staff will assist you.
No cash will be accepted. Please use check, credit card or debit card.
Public Works staff will guide and assist as needed in this process.
The Recycling Drop Off Center will be open 8am – noon for the following Saturdays in 2021:
- January 2 – (X-Mas Tree recycling only – see below)
- January 9 – (X-Mas Tree recycling only)
- January 16 – (X-Mas Tree recycling only)
- January 23 – (X-Mas Tree recycling only)
- January 30 – (X-Mas Tree recycling only)
- April – (TBD)
- May – (TBD)
- June – (TBD)
- August – (TBD)
- September – (TBD)
- October – (TBD)
- November – (TBD)
Bring proof of residency to the center, located at the DPW Barn at the end of Winter Street (38 Winter Street).
The Department of Public works will be starting our 2021 Recycle center services with some new changes. Our Christmas tree Recycling program has been changed. We will no longer allow Christmas tree drop off at the Maynard Boys and Girls club parking lot. Our new location is consistent with our other residential Recycle center services. We will be accepting Christmas trees at our Highway Garage, located at 38 Winter street. Christmas tree drop off is only permissible on each Saturday for the month of January from 8am – noon.
We understand this change may be difficult given the year we have all faced. The Department of Public works would like to bring 2021 in the right way, we have decided to waive the $5.00 fee associated with the new Christmas tree recycling program for 2021.
Happy holidays from our family to yours!
Chipping (during the recycle center hours)
- May 9, 2020 (chipping and recycling)
- June 13, 2020 (new date for 2020)
- November 14, 2020 (chipping and recycling)
There is a $20 minimum fee for small chipping loads. Larger loads will be charged accordingly.
Shredding Paper Documents
Scheduled for October 10, 2020 at the DPW Garage (38 Winter Street) from 8am to noon. $20 a car load. (Note: No cash will be accepted. Please use check, credit card or debit card.)
Seasonal Curbside Yard Waste will take place on the following weeks:
- 2020 – May 18 – May 22, Nov 2 – Nov 6 & Nov 16 – Nov 20
- 2021 – May 10 – May 14
Please place leaves, grass, wood chips in paper yard waste bags at curbside by 7:00am on your normal trash collection day. For more information, call DPW @ 978-897-1317
PAYMENT: The drop off center can accept debit and credit cards along with checks made payable to the Town of Maynard will be accepted at the Drop Off Center. All receipts will be emailed directly to the resident.
- Tires with no rim – $15
- Tires on the rim – $20
- Truck tires – $20
- Ranges and other “white” goods – $20
- Items containing chlorofluorocarbons – $30 (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.)
- Car batteries – $15
- Empty propane tanks – $10
- Microwave ovens – $15
- CRTs (cathode ray tubes) – $25 (computer displays, televisions, etc.)
- Gas powered equipment – $20 (mowers, snow blowers, etc.)
- CPU (computers) – $15
- Other metal items – $10 (minimum fee)
For Other Stuff…
Household Hazardous Waste: For 2020 this was scheduled for August 8th, 8AM – Noon, but has been CANCELLED. Please visit New England Disposal Technologies (NEDT) for disposal options.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call DPW @ 978-897-1317.
Are you looking to get rid something not on this list? Take a look at our “Take a look at our “How Can I Get Rid Of…” page.
Boy Scouts Electronics Recycling Program – Please call 978-760-6299 for information or to schedule a home pick up.