The Recycling Drop Off Center will be open 8am – noon for the following Saturdays in 2020:
- April 11 – CANCELLED
- May 9 (including chipping)
- June 13
- August 8th (Household Hazardous Waste ONLY)
- September 12
- October 10 (document shredding available on this day)
- November 14 (includes chipping)
Bring proof of residency to the center, located at the DPW Barn at the end of Winter Street (38 Winter Street).
Chipping (during the recycle center hours)
- May 9, 2020 (chipping and recycling)
- November 14, 2020 (chipping and recycling)
There is a $20 minimum fee for small chipping loads. Larger loads will be charged accordingly.
Shredding Paper Documents is scheduled for Saturday, June 20 at the DPW Barn (Winter Street) from 8am to noon. $20 per car load.
Seasonal Curbside Yard Waste will take place on the following weeks:
- 2020 – May 18 – May 22, Nov 2 – Nov 6 & Nov 16 – Nov 20
- 2021 – May 10 – May 14
Please place leaves, grass, wood chips in paper yard waste bags at curbside by 7:00am on your normal trash collection day. For more information, call DPW @ 978-897-1317
Christmas Tree Disposal
Trees will be taken at the DPW Garage each Saturday for the month of January from 8am – Noon, there will be a $5.00 fee.
PAYMENT: The drop off center can accept debit and credit cards along with checks made payable to the Town of Maynard will be accepted at the Drop Off Center. All receipts will be emailed directly to the resident.
- Tires with no rim – $15
- Tires on the rim – $20
- Truck tires – $20
- Ranges and other “white” goods – $20
- Items containing chlorofluorocarbons – $30 (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.)
- Car batteries – $15
- Empty propane tanks – $10
- Microwave ovens – $15
- CRTs (cathode ray tubes) – $25 (computer displays, televisions, etc.)
- Gas powered equipment – $20 (mowers, snow blowers, etc.)
- CPU (computers) – $15
- Other metal items – $10 (minimum fee)
For Other Stuff…
Household Hazardous Waste: Please visit the Household Hazardous Waste page for more information. For 2020 this is scheduled for August 8th, 8AM – Noon
If you have any questions or concerns, please call DPW @ 978-897-1317.
Are you looking to get rid something not on this list? Take a look at our “Take a look at our “How Can I Get Rid Of…” page.
Boy Scouts Electronics Recycling Program – Please call 978-760-6299 for information or to schedule a home pick up.