The Recycling Drop Off Center will be open 8am – noon for the following Saturdays in 2021:
- March 27 – Household Hazardous Waste ONLY
- April 10
- May 8 (including chipping)
- June 12 (including document shredding)
- September 11
- October 9
- November 13 (including chipping)
Bring proof of residency to the center, located at the DPW Barn at the end of Winter Street (38 Winter Street).
Household Hazardous Waste
On March 27, 2021 the Recycling Center was open for Household Hazardous Waste ONLY. The fee is $50 per carload. Please visit the Household Hazardous Waste Day page for more details on what will be accepted, etc.
Chipping (during the recycle center hours)
- May 8, 2021 (chipping and recycling)
- November 13, 2021 (chipping and recycling)
There is a $20 minimum fee for small chipping loads. Larger loads will be charged accordingly. No commercial vehicles.
Shredding Paper Documents
Scheduled for June 12, 2021 at the DPW Garage (38 Winter Street) from 8am to noon. $20 a car load. (Note: No cash will be accepted. Please use check, credit card or debit card.)
Seasonal Curbside Yard Waste will take place on the following weeks:
- 2021 – May 10 – May 14
- 2021 – Nov 1 – Nov 5 & Nov 15 – Nov 19
Please place leaves, grass, wood chips in paper yard waste bags at curbside by 7:00am on your normal trash collection day. For more information, call DPW @ 978-897-1317
Christmas Tree Disposal
Disposal of Christmas trees will be taken at the DPW Garage on the following Saturdays for the month of January 2022 – January 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th.from 8 am – Noon.
Fee for service there will be a $5.00 fee.
The Fire Department will once again hold a fundraiser for a fee of $10.00 they will pick up your Christmas trees, details will follow on the towns website.
PAYMENT: The drop off center can accept debit and credit cards along with checks made payable to the Town of Maynard will be accepted at the Drop Off Center. NO CASH will be accepted.
- Tires with no rim – $15
- Tires on the rim – $20
- Truck tires – $20
- Ranges and other “white” goods – $20
- Items containing chlorofluorocarbons – $30 (refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.)
- Car batteries – $15
- Empty propane tanks – $10
- Microwave ovens – $15
- CRTs (cathode ray tubes) – $25 (computer displays, televisions, etc.)
- Gas powered equipment – $20 (mowers, snow blowers, etc.)
- CPU (computers) – $15
- Other metal items – $10 (minimum fee)
For Other Stuff…
If you have any questions or concerns, please call DPW @ 978-897-1317.
Are you looking to get rid something not on this list? Take a look at our “Take a look at our “How Can I Get Rid Of…” page.
Boy Scouts Electronics Recycling Program – Please call 978-760-6299 for information or to schedule a home pick up.