The Economic Development Committee (EDC) is intended to provide input and advice on the town’s economic development opportunities such as ways to support existing businesses, creation of new employment opportunities and the attraction of new investment.
The EDC includes members of the Revitalize Maynard Collaborative, Maynard Business Alliance, Clock Tower Place, Town officials, State Representative as well as at-large residents and business owners.
“The Maynard Advantage” was produced by WAVM (Maynard High School)
The Economic Development Committee currently meets on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month. Please check the minutes and agendas page for the next meeting announcement.
- Business needs a facelift?
- Have a great idea for Downtown?
- Want to make a positive change in Maynard?
Well check out Maynard’s:
The Economic Development Committee manages the Town of Maynard’s Business Environment Enhancement Program (BEEP) which provides funding for efforts conducive to enhancing Maynard’s business environment. Proposed projects/initiatives may include but are not limited to: aesthetic improvements, investment in infrastructure and promotional efforts. Recipients of funds may include business owners, boards/committees, community groups or property owners. Learn more about BEEP.
Reference Material for Economic Action Plan
- Maynard Community Development Strategy (2017, 9 pages)
- Town of Reading Economic Development Action Plan (2015, 116 pages, 8MB)
- Opportunities For All – Strategy and Plan (2015, Baker/Polito, 40 pages, 11MB)
- Revitalize Maynard Collaborative (2015)
- Proposal to BoS to create the EDC (2014)
- Downtown Maynard presentation (2014, Peg Barringer)
- Economic Development Overview (undated)
- Maynard Business Guide
- Presentations – Links to interesting presentations about Maynard
- Economic Development News
- Community Development Principles
- Maynard Downtown Parking Analysis (by MAPC, Jan 2018, pdf, 12MB)
- Jack MacKeen, Chair
- Dick Downey, At-large Member, Vice-Chair
- Sarah Cressy, At-large Member, Secretary
- Kate Hogan, State Representative (Ex-Officio Member)
- Lynda Thayer, At-large Member
- Rosalind Greenstein, At-large Member
- Bill Nemser, Town Planner
- Megan Zammuto, Assistant Town Administrator