The Maynard Tree Committee is dedicated to promoting the growth of a healthy and diverse population of trees on public and private property throughout the town. It shall:
- Assist the Tree Warden & Conservation Agent in duties under MGL and municipal bylaws.
- Promote planting, protection, and community outreach of trees and their benefits throughout the Town.
- Regulate removal and replacement of trees as described by MGL and municipal bylaws.
- Create and update municipal tree bylaws; facilitate tree surveys and help maintain inventories; develop tree manuals and programs; and undertake other initiatives that they and the Tree Warden find necessary for their mission.
- Educate the community about the value of trees and about tree resources available to them. Inform the public about the local tree initiatives.
- Seek grants and other assistance for planting, maintenance, and preservation of trees in town.
The Tree Committee is an ad hoc, Town Administrator appointed committee ((like a working group).
- Lee Caras (chair)
- Steve Smith (vice-chair)
- Neil Pederson (secretary)
- Leslie Bryant
- Orian Green
If you have questions or interest in this committee, please contact Justin DeMarco (Tree Warden) at Maynard Department of Public Works: firstname.lastname@example.org
For General Inquiries, please email email@example.com
For public tree maintenance or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org