The White’s Pond Citizens’ Study Committee is investigating a possible need to expand the Town’s water supply sources and to recommend to the Select Board all reasonable approaches.
The White’s Pond Citizens’ Study Committee is seeking citizens’ comments on all aspects of Maynard’s water system/service. We hope to do a thorough job and would like to hear your ideas, concerns, comments, history, or other thoughts you have. If there is additional information you would like to see on this site, please let us know. There is a feedback form at the bottom of this page that will relay your message to the committee.
This 114-page examines Maynard’s water resource needs over the next 10, 25, 50 and 100 years.
Download the final report. (updated 25-Jun)
About the Committee
White’s Pond Citizen’s Study Committee (WPCSC) is a citizen comprised ad hoc body appointed by the Maynard Select Board. Initially set at five (5) voting members, it has been expanded to 7 members.
The committee will be tasked with facilitating the success of the study being conducted by the engineering firm of Woodard and Curran. This will include meeting with, advising and conveying public input from various constituencies to the firm, the Select Board and the Town Administrator when relative and appropriate.
The WPCSC will be tasked to deliver a narrative or written report or recommendation to the Select Board upon completion of the engineering study. A final report was originally scheduled for the 2011 Annual Town Meeting, but due to delays in starting the study it is now expected in the September 2011 timeframe with an interim report to be presented at Annual Town Meeting.
- Determine if water supply expansion is desirable, feasible and beneficial to the Town.
- If yes, what is most effective and valuable approaches?
- Despite name of committee, review all potential options including additional wells.
- Consider initial capital cost and ongoing operational costs and recommend the optimal balance between the two.
- Present all reasonable approaches and rank them in desirability.
|Dick Downey (Chairman)|
|Jason Kreil (Vice Chair)|
|Eugene Redner (non-voting member, Finance Committee representative)|
|Herb Symes (Secretary)|
- Final Report – May 2012 (114 pages)
- Graphic: Project Timeline
- Maps: White Pond WTF Siting Option 2 and 3: Full Map, Inset (pdf)
- Map: White Pond WTF Siting Option 1 (pdf)
- Map: White Pond Transmission Line Routing (pdf)
- Map: Town-owned Parcels (pdf)
- Photo Tour of the Maynard Water Supply (34 pages, pdf)
- Assessment of Water Resources RFP (5 pages, pdf)
- Study Scope of Work – Woodard & Curran (4 pages, pdf)
- EPA report on Superfund Cleanup at the Devens Annex (now the Assabet River NWR).
- 2011 Maynard Water Resources Report (Woodard & Curran / Maynard DPW)
- May 7, 2012
- April 30, 2012
- April 2, 2012
- March 26, 2012
- March 12, 2012
- February 27, 2012
- February 13, 2012
- January 30, 2012
- January 23, 2012
- January 9, 2012
Click to view 2011 minutes