Parking tickets must be paid or request a hearing within 21 days of the date of violation. A $5.00 late fee will be added. If full payment is received by the due date of the notice, no further action will be taken. If any part of the original fine or penalty remains unpaid, a second penalty of $10.00 is added. Failure to comply with this notice will result in RMV (Registry of Motor Vehicles) non-renewal of License and/or Registration, assessment of an additional $20.00 surcharge.
Maynard Parking Tickets can be presented at the Treasurer/Collector’s Office in Town Hall for payment. Checks can also be mailed to Maynard Town Hall. If you would like to dispute a parking ticket you can either send by mail or in person a formal request for a hearing in respect for a parking ticket to:
Maynard Town Hall
195 Main Street
Maynard, MA 01754
Attn: Parking Ticket Hearing Officer
If you have an overdue ticket you must contact Kelley and Ryan, Deputy
Collector Service at 800-239-2155 or www.kelleyryan.com.
There is no over night parking on the streets or municipal lots between Dec 1 & March 15 from 2:00a.m. To 6:00 a.m. If snowing, no On Street Parking at all or your vehicle will be towed at your own expense.
(A1) Any meter that runs out of tie will receive a ten dollar ticket ($10.00)
The following categories are all fifteen dollar violations ($15.00)
(B1) Parked within an intersection
(B2) Parked upon a sidewalk or crosswalk
(B3) Parking over one foot from the curb
(B4) Parked less than 10 feet of an unobstructed lane
(B5) Within ten (10ft) of a hydrant
(B6) Upon a private road or across a driveway
(B7) Within 20ft of an intersection
(B8) Upon a street or roadway posted “No Parking”
(B9) Bus Stop of Taxi Stand
(B10) Improper angle parking
(B11) Restricted Parking Place
(B12) Overtime Parking Violation – two hours @ any given meter
Cannot feed a meter and vehicle must be moved to another location
(B13) Fire Lane Violation
(B14) Outside Parked Lines (not a legal space)
(B15) Permit Parking violation
(B16) Right Wheels not @ Curb (both right wheels at curb & within 12 inches of the curb) headed in the travel lane direction.
GROUP C – 1. Parking Ban from Dec 1 – Mar 15 (No On Street Parking)
From 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. $20.00
C – 2. Snow Removal – no parking on street whatsoever.
GROUP D. Handicap Parking
- DO NOT MAIL CASH, pay only by money order, personal checking account, bank check. If you have received notice that you have an outstanding violation and it is Marked at the Registry, it must be paid at the Police Station in cash or Money Order from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- To appeal a ticket, you must appear in person, appeal in writing with either pictures or call on phone, as soon as ticket is received. Indicate the nature of your dispute as clearly as possible and include your name, address, plate registration # and the ticket number(s) to be disputed.
- All parking violations are in accordance with 20A-1/2 of Chapter 90, Mass. General Laws by Section 22, and Chapter 153 of the Acts of 1992). You may find a copy of these in most libraries if you choose to look it up prior to coming to a hearing.
- Commercial vehicles that are loading or unloading may stand for not more than 20 minutes continuously for the purpose of clearing materials.
Please do not idle to keep our air clean.
- Whenever any vehicle shall be parked adjacent to a parking meter, the owner of said vehicle shall park within the space designated by street markings (white lines on ground) and, such person shall immediately deposit in said meter the required coin of the United States maximum legal parking period or proportionate period thereof both as indicated or shown on the meter and if so required set the mechanism in motion.