|Address:||Maynard Town Hall
195 Main Street
Maynard , MA 01754
|Hours:||Mon/Wed/Thu: 8am-4pm; Tue: 8am-7pm; Fri: 8am-12pm|
The Maynard Town Clerk’s Office is committed to providing courteous, competent and efficient service to the Towns People. We are dedicated to the thorough preservation of the Town’s vital records and historical documents for the benefit of future generations. We respect the right to vote as a fundamental civil right and will assure that all elections are conducted in a fair and open manner providing equal access to all citizens. Our office will operate in a modern, professional and automated environment, with an emphasis on our fiscal responsibility to the taxpayers of Maynard.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic restrictions and the increased demands for the upcoming 2020 fall elections, the Town Clerk’s Office will suspend the filing of Marriage Intentions from: October 1 through November 6.
We apologize for the inconvenience during these uncertain times.
In order to obtain a certified copy of a Birth, Death or Marriage certificate please mail the following:
- Written request stating the name(s) and date of event
- A SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope)
- The fee, which is $10.00 per copy, in a check or money order made payable to the Town of Maynard
In order to apply for a marriage license you must first call the Town Clerk’s Office to set up an appointment 978-897-1300.
- Vital Statistics – birth certificates, marriage certificates and death certificates
- Posting of all meetings for municipal boards and committees
- Voter Registration
- Prospective Juror List
- Election Dates (Town, Primaries, State Elections)
- Elected Positions Available (for the Annual Town Election)
- Candidates Packet (candidate information, checklists, forms, etc.)
- Town Political Calendar (filing deadlines, etc.)
- 2020 Annual Census Form
- Residency Certification
- Town Meeting Warrants and Results
- Business Certificates (d/b/a)
- Notary Public – Temporarily Suspended
- Public Records Requests
- Payment of non-criminal complaint violations
- Review copies of the town’s general and zoning by-laws. (Forms and by-laws are available from the Municipal Services Department).
The following licenses can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office:
Elections and Town Meetings
The Town Clerk is the official record keeper for all elections in town (local, state, and federal) and records votes at Maynard Town Meeting.
Information on upcoming and past elections and town meetings is available on separate pages on this website:
Testing of Voting Equipment – Oct 22
Testing of Voting Equipment took place on Oct 22nd. You can view this on Zoom.
Notice of Advanced Removal of Early Voted Ballots from Envelopes
In accordance with the Secretary of State Regulations 47.12 and under the provisions of section 7(k) of Chapter 115 of the Acts of 2020, the Town of Maynard will be opening and/or depositing early voted ballots at the Town Offices, 195 Main Street at the following sessions:
|Tuesday, October 27th||9:30 AM|
|Wednesday, October 28th||9:30 AM|
|Thursday, October 29th||9:30 AM|
|Friday, October 30th||9:30 AM|
|Saturday, October 31st||9:30 AM|
|Sunday, November 1st||9:30 AM|
|Monday, November 2nd||9:30 AM|
Observers will be required to register in advance (before the end of the business day prior) of any advance processing session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the Regulations 47.12 and the provisions of section 7(k) of Chapter 115 of the Acts of 2020, no results shall be determined or announced until after the time the polls close on November 3, 2020. At that time, the results from the advance processed ballots will be added to the election day results and posted in a public place.
25-Aug-2020: Advanced removal is the opening of the Early Voting inner envelope and separating the ballot from that envelope prior to Election Day. The ballots and envelopes will be stored by party, secured, and labeled by precinct. Advanced removal will take place on Friday, August 28, 2020 beginning at 8:00AM.
Advanced removal will be in held in the Finance Meeting Room of the Town Hall, 195 Main Street, Maynard, MA 01754
Polling Location Change for 2020
Vote by Mail Applications
Voting by mail is available to all voters for all elections in 2020. You do not need an excuse to vote by mail this year.
To vote by mail, all you need to do is:
- Download and complete a Vote by Mail Application;
- Deliver your application to the Maynard Town Clerk’s Office at 195 Main Street, Maynard, MA 01754;
- Vote when your ballot arrives;
- Return your ballot.
Please keep in mind:
- State Primary
- Applications must reach the Town Clerk’s Office by August 26th for the State Primary.
- State Primary ballots need to be back at the Town Clerk’s Office by 8:00 p.m. on September 1st.
- State Election
- Applications for the State Election must reach the Town Clerk’s Office by October 28th.
- State Election ballots need to be postmarked no later than November 3rd and must be back to the Town Clerk’s Office no later than November 6th.
- Apply early, in order to have enough time to return your ballot.
2020 Federal Census
The 2020 Federal Census is underway. Learn more about the census.
The Town Clerk is responsible for the enforcement of the Massachusetts Open Meeting Law in regard to publication of meeting agendas and notices. Town committee members are strongly encouraged to visit the Open Meeting Law and Room Scheduling page for how to properly create and post your agenda along with information on how to reserve seating for your meeting.
- Massachusetts Open Meeting Law (mass.gov site)
- Massachusetts How to Register To Vote page (mass.gov site)
- Maynard Appointed Officials: Board and Commission Roster (updated 30-May-2019)
- Census and Resident Information
- Conflict of Interest Law and Education Requirements
- DBA Certificates
- Dog Licenses
- Dog Regulations
- Juror Information and Prospective Juror List
- Notary Public Services
- Obtaining a Marriage License
- Public Records Requests
- Vital Records
- Voter Registration
Board of Registrars
- Michelle Jenkins
- David C. Hull
- Charles T. Shea
- Anita F. Dolan