All dogs, 6 months of age or older MUST be licensed in Maynard.
Licenses are done by mail or by drop off at Town Hall. Dogs must be licensed by February 28, 2021. Dogs licensed after this date will be subject to a $25.00 late fee each.
Any new dog to Town or recently acquired dog must be licensed within 30 days!!
In order to register your dog you may either stop by the Town Clerk’s Office or mail the following:
- A completed application. (Download and print form)
- A copy of a valid rabies certificate for the dog being licensed
- A copy of a certificate indicating whether or not the dog(s) have been spayed or neutered.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Once the above information is received the license and tag will be mailed to you.
Payment Options (include a copy of the dog’s rabies certificate):
- Spayed and neutered dogs are $10.00 to license, intact dogs are $15.00 to license.
- Mail a check or money order made payable to the “Town of Maynard” to the Town Clerk’s Office, 195 Main Street, Maynard, MA 01754
- Drop your envelope off in the Town Mailbox outside the Town Hall entrance.
License(s) will not be issued until all fees and a copy of the rabies certificate are provided.
For residents over 70 years of age
Please note that at the October 3, 2020 Special Town Meeting the voters of Maynard accepted the provisions of Mass General Law Chapter 140, Section 139, which allow the Town to issue dog licenses free of charge to residents over 70 years of age. The application process is the same for residents of all ages. Dogs must be up-to-date on their rabies vaccinations.
Anyone of any age who fails to license his/her dog by on the first day of March of each year, have not licensed said dog or dogs, as prescribed by Section 173, Ch. 140 of the Massachusetts General Laws, shall be required to pay a fee of $25.00 for each said unlicensed dog over and above any other applicable licensing charge or penalty to the Town. This fee is not subject to wavier