Treasurer-Collector’s Office

Contact:Cheryl Kane, Treasurer / Collector
Sandra Baltazar, Assistant Treasurer / Collector
Diane Donovan, Assistant Collector
Address:195 Main Street
Maynard, MA 01754
Fax: 978-897-1013
Hours:Mon/Wed/Thu: 8am-4pm;  Tue: 8am-7pm; Fri: 8am-12pm

Maynard Town Hall will be closed to the public Monday, March 16 through Tuesday, April 7. The Town will re-evaluate this scheduled as necessary.

Outstanding Taxes

  • You may pay outstanding taxes online at: City Hall Systems
  • Mail payments to 195 Main Street, Maynard 01754
  • Mail Payments directly to the bank at P.O. Box 865, Reading, MA 01867
  • Leave payments in the locked box outside the front door of the Town Hall

The Treasurer/Collector’s Office will be available for questions at 978-897-1305 during regular business hours.  We will also be available via email:

Online Payments:

Online Payment Frequently Asked Questions

Motor Vehicle Excise Tax Information (Commonwealth of Massachusetts)


Real Estate / Personal Property Tax Due Dates

1st Quarter is due August 1
2nd Quarter is due November 1
3rd Quarter is due February 1
4th Quarter is due May 1

Please be advised that your payment must be received by the Treasurer/Collector’s office on the day that it is due.
Interest will be charged after the due date. Postmarks are not accepted.


Fees for Municipal Lien Certificates

For land of less than one acre upon which there is no permanent structure and for land upon which is situated no more than a single family, two family or three family residence and outbuildings.$25
For land which is situated a commercial, industrial, or public utility structure.$150
For farms, forest land and all other real property.$50

Please send in a Self Addressed Stamp Envelope so we may return your request.


Maynard Contributory Retirement System

For questions regarding the Maynard Contributory Retirement System please contact:



Unclaimed Checks

Download the list of unclaimed checks for the Town of Maynard (updated 12-Oct-2018):

To request that this exact check be reissued, please send a signed request in writing to:

Sandra Baltazar, Assistant Treasurer
Town of Maynard
195 Main Street
Maynard, MA 01754

Please include a correct current mailing address.


Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I pay my water/sewer bill?

You pay your water/sewer bills in the Treasurer/Collector’s office located on the first floor of Town Hall.

I need to pay a Final Water bill. I don’t have the bill but the reading was done yesterday. How do I pay?

You must pick up your Final water bill downstairs in the water department located on the lower level of Town Hall. You will then pay your Final Water bill at the Treasurer/Collector’s office. Please be advised that Final Water Bills must be paid with certified funds.

How do I pay for overdue excise taxes that have been marked at the Registry of Motor Vehicles for non-renewal?

Please contact our Deputy Collector, Kelley and Ryan Associates at 800 -239-2155 or you may pay online at Once payment has been received, they will call and release your account at the Registry so you may renew.

Where do I pay for my parking tickets?

You pay them in the Parking Clerk’s office at Town Hall.

I received an excise tax on a car I no longer own- where do I go for an adjustment of this bill?

Please contact the Assessor’s office for abatement information at 978-897-1304.

How much is a Municipal Lien Certificate (MLC)?

See the table above outlining the property usage types and fees.