The Protective Zoning By-Laws are regulations that have several goals:
- To promote the general welfare of the Town of Maynard.
- To protect the health and safety of its inhabitants
- To encourage the most appropriate use of land throughout the town.
- To preserve the cultural, historical and agricultural heritage of the community
- To increase the amenities of the town.
- To reduce the hazard from fire by regulating the location and use of buildings and the area of open space around them
The by-laws regulate the construction, repair, alteration, reconstruction, height, number of stories, and size of buildings and structures, the size and width of lots, the percentage of lot area that may be occupied, the size of yards, courts, and other open spaces, the density of population, and the location and use of buildings, structures, and land in the Town.
Download/view the Zoning By-Laws
as approved by Town Meeting on 16-Oct-2021
(133 pages / 6MB pdf)