|Address:||195 Main Street
Maynard, MA 01754
|Conservation Agent:||Julia Flanary
|Department Hours:||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8am to 4pm
Tuesday: 8am to 7pm
Friday: 8am to 12noon
All applications and forms must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. One hard copy must also be submitted to the Office of Municipal Services, 195 Main Street Maynard, MA 01754
Guidance to Conservation Commissions
for Submissions During MassDEP Office Closures
In addition to the regulatory filing requirements, MassDEP recommends that Requests for Determination of Applicability (RDAs) and Notices of Intent (NOIs) be sent by email to MassDEP, in accordance with the additional guidance found here. (For NOI filings made through eDEP, email should be sent in addition to the eDEP filing.)
The Conservation Commission and Conservation Division’s Mission is to work to protect the natural resources of Maynard, the gems of green space that we too often take for granted, until they are threatened by development.
- Administer the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands By-law
- Administer the Maynard Stormwater Management By-law
- Undertake land acquisition
- Undertake land management
- Undertake public education and public participation
About the Commission
The Conservation Commission exists because time has proven that open space pays:
- Open space protection saves the Town money: development increases demands for schools, roads, water, and related infrastructure.
- Open space increases the quality of life for all residents: a healthy environment provides clean water, clean air, recreation, increased property values, etc.
- Open space provides biological diversity: otters, herons, rare species.
|M. John Dwyer||Vice-chair||2023|
|Jeffrey Black||Commission member||2022|
|Sarah Measures||Commission member||2022|
|John Milhaven||Commission member||2021|
|Christopher Ciano-Collins||Associate Commission member|
The Commission meets the second Tuesday of every month starting at 6:30 pm. Please see the following link for meeting agendas and minutes. Agendas will be posted at least 72 hours before a meeting.
Public Hearing Schedule and Filing Deadlines
Applications for Notice of Intents (NOIs), ANRADs, RDAs, Requests for Certificate of Compliance, and Stormwater Applications are due four weeks or more prior to a regularly scheduled meeting, based on Agenda availability. Please submit all complete applications electronically and ONE hard copy to the Conservation Agent.
Please file applications in the Conservation Office according to the following timelines.
|Meeting Date||Time||Submittal Deadline|
|January 11, 2022||6:30 PM||December 14, 2021|
|February 8, 2022||6:30 PM||January 11, 2022|
|March 8, 2022||6:30 PM||February 8, 2022|
|April 12, 2022||6:30 PM||March 15, 2022|
|May 12, 2022||6:30 PM||April 14, 2022|
|May 26, 2022||6:30 PM||April 28. 2022|
|June 9, 2022||6:30 PM||May 12, 2022|
|June 23, 2022||6:30 PM||May 26, 2022|
|July 14, 2022||6:30 PM||June 16, 2022|
|July 28, 2022||6:30 PM||June 30, 2022|
|August 11, 2022||6:30 PM||July 12, 2022|
|August 25, 2022||6:30 PM||July 14, 2022|
|September 8, 2022||6:30 PM||August 11, 2022|
|September 22, 2022||6:30 PM||September 1, 2022|
|October 13, 2022||6:30 PM||September 15, 2022|
|October 27, 2022||6:30 PM||September 29, 2022|
|November 10, 2022||6:30 PM||October 13, 2022|
|November 24, 2022||6:30 PM||October 27, 2022|
|December 8, 2022||6:30 PM||November 10, 2022|
|December 22, 2022||6:30 PM||November 24, 2022|
(This schedule was amended on 12-May-2022)
- All dates subject to change. As of April 28, 2022 hearings are held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month.
- All items required for a complete application (including applicable fees) must be submitted by by 12:00 pm (noon) on the deadline day.
- The above timeline represents the soonest an application may be heard by the Conservation Commission. Submitting by the date may not secure a place on the desired agenda. Please note that all applications are reviewed on a first submittal basis and all applications will be reviewed within the statutory time requirements.
Assabet River Rail Trail
For information about the Assabet River Rail Trail Project, including design specifications in Maynard, please visit the Assabet River Rail Trail Project page.
- Abutter Notification Form for Wetland Permitting
- Abutter Notification Form for Stormwater Permitting
- Stormwater Management Permit Application Form (PDF / MS-Word)
- Wetland Protection Act Forms
- Notice of Intent Requirements / Checklist (updated Aug-2021)
- Maynard Business Guide
- Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands Bylaw Information
- Stormwater Management in Maynard
- Maynard Stormwater Management Regulations (pdf, amended 8-Jun-2021)
- Maynard Stormwater Management By-law (pdf, 3-Oct-2020)
- Massachusetts Stormwater Handbook
- Low-Impact Development (LID) Fact Sheet (2022)
- Stormwater Matters (pdf)
- Open Space and Recreation Plan (pdf)
- Maynard Open Space and Trails page
- Maynard Open Space and Trails Map (pdf)
- Walcott Woods Botanical Survey (pdf)
- Links to Related Websites