|Address:||195 Main Street|
Maynard, MA 01754
Conservation Agent/Assistant Planner
|Department Hours:||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8am to 4pm|
Tuesday: 8am to 7pm
Friday: 8am to 12noon
All applications and forms must be submitted electronically as well as hard copy.
The Conservation Commission and Conservation Division’s Mission is to work to protect the natural resources of Maynard, the gems of green space that we too often take for granted, until they are threatened by development.
- Administer the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands Bylaw
- Undertake land acquisition
- Undertake land management
- Undertake public education and public participation
- Administer the Maynard Stormwater Management Bylaw
About the Commission
The Conservation Commission exists because time has proven that open space pays:
- Open space protection saves the Town money: development increases demands for schools, roads, water, and related infrastructure.
- Open space increases the quality of life for all residents: a healthy environment provides clean water, clean air, recreation, increased property values, etc.
- Open space provides biological diversity: otters, herons, rare species.
|M. John Dwyer||Commission member|
|Andrew Snyder||Commission member|
NOTE: The Conservation Commission is currently seeking new members. Please email or call the Agent for more information
Contacting the Commission
- For Conservation Commission matters please contact us at 978-897-1360
- The office is also open from 3:30 to 6:30pm when the Commission meets.
- All applications and forms must be submitted electronically as well as hard copy.
There are other many ways you can volunteer to help. Look at these volunteer opportunities.
Commission Meetings / Events / Statements
The Commission meets the second Tuesday of every month starting at 6:30 pm. Please call the office for information about our agenda.
Public Hearing Schedule and Filing Deadlines
View the REVISED 2018 Hearing Schedule and Filing Deadlines
Applications for Notice of Intents, (NOIs) ANRADs and RDAs are due three weeks or more prior to a regularly scheduled meeting, based on Agenda availability.
Please file applications in the Conservation Office according to the following timelines.
- Hearings are held on the second Tuesday of each month. All dates subject to change.
- All items required for a complete application must be submitted by 12:00 pm (noon) on the deadline day. No exceptions.
- The timeline below represents the soonest an application may be heard by the Conservation Commission. Submitting by the deadline may not secure a place on the desired agenda. Please note that all applications are reviewed on a first submittal basis and all applications will be reviewed within the statutory time requirements.
- Any revised plans or additional submittals must be submitted to the Conservation Office 10 days prior to a scheduled meeting.
|Meeting Date||Time||Location||Application Deadline|
|June 10, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||May 22, 2018|
|July 10, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||June 19, 2018|
|August 14, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||July 24, 2018|
|September 11, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||August 21, 2018|
|October 9, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||September 18, 2018|
|November 13, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||October 23, 2018|
|December 11, 2018||6:30pm||Town Hall||November 20, 2018|
Assabet River Rail Trail
For information about the Assabet River Rail Trail Project, including design specifications in Maynard, please visit the Assabet River Rail Trail Project page.
- Abutter Notification Form
- Stormwater Management Application Form (PDF / MS-Word)
- Wetlands Administration: Municipal Applications and Fees
- Wetland Protection Act Forms
- Notice of Intent Requirements / Checklist
- Wetlands Protection Act and Maynard Wetlands Bylaw Information
- Maynard Stormwater Regulations (pdf, 1-Aug-2017)
- Maynard Stormwater Management Bylaw (pdf)
- Massachusetts Stormwater Handbook
- Stormwater Matters (pdf)
- Open Space and Recreation Plan (pdf)
- Maynard Open Space and Trails page
- Maynard Open Space and Trails Map (pdf)
- Walcott Woods Botanical Survey (pdf)
- Links to Related Websites