TOWN OF MAYNARD WETLANDS ADMINISTRATION BYLAW
MUNICIPAL APPLICATION AND FEES
Category Activities and Fees
Category 1 (Fee for each activity is $200):
- work on single family lot; addition, pool, etc.;
- site work without a house;
- control vegetation;
- resource improvement;
- work on septic system separate from house;
- monitoring well activities minus roadway;
- new agricultural or aquaculture projects.
Category 2 (Fee for each activity is $625):
- construction of single family house;
- parking lot;
- beach nourishment;
- electric generating facility activities;
- inland limited projects minus road crossings and agriculture;
- each crossing for driveway to single family house;
- each project source (storm drain) discharge;
- control vegetation in development;
- water level variations;
- any other activity not in Category 1, 3, 4, 5 or 6;
- water supply exploration.
Category 3 (Fee for each activity is $1,350):
- site preparation (for development) beyond Notice of Intent scope;
- each building (for development) including site;
- road construction not crossing or driveway;
- hazardous cleanup;
- water supply development.
Category 4 (Fee for each activity is $1,565):
- each crossing for development or commercial road;
- dam, sluiceway, tide gate (safety) work;
- landfills operation/closures;
- sand and gravel operations;
- railroad line construction;
- hazardous waste alterations to resource areas;
- package treatment plant and discharge;
- airport tree clearing;
- oil and/or hazardous material release response actions.
Category 5 (Fee is $4 per linear foot; total fee not less than $100 or more than $2,000):
- work on docks, piers, revetments, dikes, etc. (coastal or inland).
Category 6 (Fee is $2 per linear foot for each resource area): For each resource area delineation, the fee shall not exceed $200 for activities associated with a single family house or $5,000 for all other activities).
- Request for Determination – Municipal filing fee: $80
- Certificate of Compliance – Municipal filing fee: $50
- Registry Recording – The current Registry fee of $75 made out to The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Order of Conditions extension $50 for request at least 30 days prior expiration, $100 for requests for an extension less than 30 days from expiration.