Face Covering Policy – Update – August 12, 2021
In light of the increase in the number of new positive COVID cases over the last month in Maynard and across Middlesex County in both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, the following requirement is being issued by the Health Department and Town Administration:
Effective August 12, 2021, all Town staff and visitors, fully vaccinated or not, are REQUIRED to wear masks or face coverings when indoors at any public Town of Maynard building or facility until further notice. Outdoor activities are currently not considered higher risk for the spread of COVID, and therefore, masks in outdoor settings is not recommended unless individuals will be in close proximity to non-family or non-work cohorts for an extended period of time.
The following best practices still apply:
- PPE supplies for staff and customers to be readily available in each department: disposable masks, disposable gloves, disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizer
- Use of plexiglass barriers between staff and customers
- One customer at a time to be served at office counters
- Signage demarcating “Staff Only” spaces in office settings
- Social distancing floor markings
- Routine cleaning and sanitizing of office equipment and workspaces
- Stay at home if you are sick or self-quarantining due to a COVID exposure
- Masks are required indoors in any public space i.e. customer service counters, lunchrooms, kitchens, bathrooms and other common areas. Masks are not required at workstations that provide adequate separation from coworkers, however, please be respectful of employees and customers who choose to continue wearing masks for their personal comfort. Masks should be considered when sharing vehicles if adequate ventilation (open windows) cannot be provided.
Please post the sign below at all town buildings.
Download the official policy letter.
Thank you for your continued efforts to keep our work family and Maynard community safe. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.