The Florida Road Bridge Replacement is a collaboration between the Town of Maynard, MassDOT’s Highway Division and the Federal Highway Administration. The existing bridge, constructed in 1915, has several structural issues including:
- Deficient Concrete Arch
- Barriers on Bridge Unsafe for Vehicular Impact
- Deteriorated Sidewalks with Small Curb Reveals
- Narrow Roadway/Shoulders
- Horizontal and Vertical Curves
- Poor Sight Distance
The new bridge will be a replacement of the entire structure with crash-tested railings and end posts, new sidewalks improved drainage, replacement of sections of water and sewer mains in the bridge area and the relocation of utility poles and overhead wires.
- Florida Road will be closed at the bridge site during construction
- Traffic detour will include Main Street Summer Street and Nason Street
- Bicycle & pedestrian Access will be maintained during construction on the Assabet River Rail Trail and Summer Street.
- Abutter access maintained throughout construction
- The Florida Court municipal parking lot will be unavailable to the public during the construction period.