- Town Meetings
- Annual and Special Town Meeting – May 15, 2017
Annual and Special Town Meeting – May 15, 2017
Please be advised that the Maynard Select Board, acting at their January 03, 2017 Select Board’s meeting voted five to zero: “To set the date and time of the Annual and Special Town Meetings as 7 pm on Monday, May 15, 2017 respectively and to designate the Fowler School Auditorium on Tiger Drive as the location for the Annual and Special Town Meetings.”
Citizen’s petitions must be submitted with the question presented at the top of each side of the signature page. They must be submitted to the Town Clerks Office and certified by the Town Clerk in order to be included on the warrant.
The deadline for submission of Citizens Petition Articles for the Annual Town Meeting was Noon Friday March 31, 2017 and for Special Town meeting Petition March 31, 2017 for Special Petition Articles (Per Charter, at least 45 days prior to the town meeting for annual town meeting and at least 45 days on special town meeting).
Finance Committee Recommendations Public Hearing – May 1
The Finance Committee held a meeting on May 1st at the Maynard Town Building, Room 201, to present background information and recommendations on Warrant articles for both the Annual and Special Town Meetings (PDF) to be held on May 15th. Presentation included information on the budget, capital plan, and other Articles. All town residents were welcome and invited to attend. There was be a question and answer period to help residents better understand the Articles’ intent. (Reference: Fincom FY18 Budget Review (PDF))
Warrants & Reports
- Town Meeting Warrants (Annual: 16 articles, Special: 10 articles) (PDF)
- Finance Committee FY18 Budget Review (PDF)
- Finance Committee 2017 Town Meeting Recommendations (PDF)
- If passed, articles 13-15 of the 2017 Maynard Annual Town Meeting will reorder the by-laws. Here is the proposed new ordering and formatting: Town of Maynard By-Laws Reordered (118 pages, posted 2-May-2017) (PDF)
- Annual Town Meeting Timeline (PDF)