- Paying Bills Online - Information & Frequently Asked Questions
Paying Bills Online - Information & Frequently Asked Questions
It's now fast and easy to pay and/or view your bills online.
The Town of Maynard is excited to offer residents an easy and secure way to view, print and pay their real estate and personal property tax, motor vehicle excise tax and water/sewer bills online. We support electronic presentment (viewing) and billing because it is more convenient for our residents and better for the environment.
The Town of Maynard, in partnership with City Hall Systems, offers the following benefits:
- No signup cost.
- Access, view and pay your tax bills online, at your convenience.
- Paying your bill online is faster and cheaper than writing a check and mailing it.
- You can pay with electronic check or credit/debit card.
- You may choose to eliminate paper invoices to reduce clutter and help the environment.
- You have the option to pay immediately, schedule a payment or sign up for Auto-Pay.
- Pay online for as little as 50 cents.
Use of a charge card or electronic check/ACH will incur a convenience fee. The Town of Maynard receives only your bill payment amount. Convenience fees cover various administrative costs associated with accepting payments and are non-refundable. The convenience fee when using credit cards is a percentage-based fee, varying on the amount you are paying. The convenience fee when using an electronic check/ACH is 50 cents. The convenience fee is automatically calculated and is shown on the payment page before you submit your payment for processing. Convenience fees will appear as a separate charge from the bill amount on your bank or credit card statement.
To make a payment, go to our payment portal.
If you need help using online bill pay or you have a question about your account, please call City Hall System at 508-381-5455. (City Hall Systems also has email and multi-lingual online chat support on their site.)
- What are some of the benefits of receiving my bill electronically?
It is convenient, saves time, reduces errors, bills don’t get misplaced, allows you to receive bills anywhere at any time and it helps the environment by saving trees. You can continue to receive a paper bill but if you elect to go paperless, you can always print out a copy of the invoice if needed.
- What are the benefits of paying a bill online?
Paying online with a credit card or electronic check saves time, gives you the flexibility to pay how and when desired, saves money (no more stamps, paper checks or envelopes) and City Hall Systems will store your information for future use – but only if you choose to store it.
- What is City Hall Systems?
City Hall Systems is a web-based, electronic invoice presentment and processing company that the Town of Maynard has partnered with to provide faster, more convenient billing services to our customers. By automating billing and collections, customers can click and pay online while helping the environment and reducing clutter in their home or workspace.
- What is the relationship between the Town and City Hall Systems?
The Town of Maynard wanted to make paying bills easier for our customers. We chose City Hall Systems because it is easy to use and the security is the strongest available. All the data collected is double encrypted and stored on secure servers. The data is not sold or released for any purpose other than to complete transactions.