Historical Marker Program

pc-marker-cu-300x201In 2012 the Maynard Historical Commission launched a program that highlights important buildings and landmarks with permanent historical markers. The goal of this program is to bring attention to visitors and residents alike of the historical significance of many parts of our town.

Each year the Commission reviews the list of historically significant properties and selects one or more to receive the markers (working with the property owners).

Current Markers

  • Silas P. Brooks House and barn 88-90 Summer Street
  • Levi Smith House / Red Fox Inn 178 Great Road
  • Red Brick School House 101 Summer Street
  • Powder Mill Workers' House 116 Powder Mill Road
  • Powder Mill Workers' House 118 Powder Mill Road
  • Lucius Maynard House and barn / Gibson Farm 114 Summer Street
  • Amory Maynard House (1st) 145 Main Street
  • St. Bridget's Church and rectory (Abel Haynes House) 1 Percival Street
  • Masonic Block / Maynard's Block 100 Main Street
  • W. B. Case Block and annex 28-30 Nason Street
  • Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway Powerhouse / St. Casimir Church 65 Great Road
  • Concord, Maynard and Hudson Street Railway Car Barn 63 Great Road
  • Erikson's Dairy Building and Ice Cream Stand 10 Great Road
  • Jonathan Smith House 174 Great Road
  • Holy Annunciation Church 15 Prospect Street
  • Asa Dexter Smith House 40 Concord Street
  • Cleary and Williams Dry Goods Store 32-36 Main Street
  • Maynard Trust Company 81 Main Street
  • Union Congregational Church 82 Main Street
  • Susan Smith Ladies Boarding School 166 Great Road
  • Coolidge School 12 Bancroft Street
Three men holding a 1899 Cleary and Williams sign
Historical marker circa 1899 Cleary and Williams Dry Goods and Millinery Store Pleasant Cafe Since 1
1766-1872 Red Brick School Served Early families of Maynard for over 100 years
Three people holding a sign that says 1766-1872 Red Brick School