Public Records Requests
Public Records available in the Town of Maynard: Subject to the statutory exemption, the following documents maintained by the Town will be made available upon request pursuant to the requirements of the Public Records Law:
All books, papers, maps, photographs, recorded tapes, financial statements, statistical tabulations, or other documentary materials or data, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made or received by any officer or employee of any agency, executive office, department, board, commission, bureau, division or authority of the Town or any person, corporation, association, partnership or other legal entity which receives or expends public funds for the payment or administration of pensions for any current or former employees of the Town.
Examples of Public Records held and maintained by the Town are as follows:
- Minutes from meetings
- Submissions to boards and committees
- Town financial information
- Town correspondence
- Policies regulations
- Business certificates
Examples of Public Records not held by the Town:
- Certificates of Organization or Incorporation maintained by the Massachusetts Secretary of State's Office
- Court records
How to Make a Public Records Request
A person may make a public record request using the following methods:
- Orally in person to the RAO (Records Access Officer)
- In writing delivered to the RAO
- Delivered to the RAO via first class mail, email or facsimile.
The RAO will then respond to the Public Records Request and advise the requester of any cost associated with producing same, if any and the time by which the response will be provided.
Town Clerk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper copies: $.05 per page.
- Time to prepare and compile documents: Over two hours, $25 per hour.