- Community Development
- Maynard Crossing (129 Parker Street)
Maynard Crossing (129 Parker Street)
Maynard Crossing Living Master Plan
The 58 acre former Digital Equipment Corporation complex at 129 Parker Street is being developed by Capital Group Properties under the working name "The Shoppes at Maynard Crossing."
The project includes:
- a 68,000 square foot supermarket
- a congregate care retirement community (143 units)
- residential uses (180 units with 22 dedicated affordable)
- health club
- medical offices
- retail uses and restaurants
The site development is controlled locally by three key instruments:
- The Town's Zoning By-laws. The property zoning designation is "Neighborhood Business Overlay District" (NBOD).
- The Memorandum of Agreement between the Town and the developer.
- The Concept Plan and Signage Plan approved by Town Meeting on October 5, 2016.
All phases of the project development must be consistent with these three documents.
Normal Project Construction hours are:
- Monday through Friday: No construction or noise-generating activities before 7 am or after 6 pm.
- Saturday: No construction or noise-generating activities before 9 am or after 6 pm.
- Sunday or Federal holidays: No construction or noise-generating activity whatsoever shall take place.
- During regular Town Hall business hours contact the Office of Municipal Services: 978-897-1302.
To report after-hours Construction activity:
- Notify the Site Project Manager 508-330-3831.
- Notify the Maynard Police Department on their non-emergency line: 978-897-1011.
Upcoming modification requests / petitions:
A number of modifications to the project have been approved:
- Approved Plan: Digital Way (Maynard Crossing) R3 Building (April 4, 2021) (PDF)
- Approved Plan: Market Basket Trash Compactor Relocation (August 27, 2021) (PDF)
- Approved Plan: Chase Bank Drive-Thru ATM (August 27, 2021) (PDF)
- Minor Modification: R9 Dumpster Modification (October 27, 2020) (PDF)
- Minor Changes: Dumpster Pad Relocation (7/2020) (PDF)
- Letter: R9 Dumpster Pad Relocation (PDF)
- Diagram: R9 Dumpster Relocation
- Interior Rotary Sign Modification (April 14, 2020)
- Market Basket: Construction Hours for Slab Pouring and Insulation (March 24, 2020)
- Addition of Dunkin Donuts Drive-through (December 9, 2019)
- Removal of Pharmacy drive-through (December 11, 2018)
- Shift and increased size of Building R9 and increased size of R10 (October 16, 2018)
- Changes to the lighting plan and driveway connection to 141 Parker Street (February 26, 2018)
- Screened Truck Bays for Market Basket (October 22, 2019) (PDF)
- Dunkin Donuts Drive-through (November 26, 2019)
- Bank Drive-through (March 24, 2020)
- Building and site changes to R4-R7 (March 24, 2020)
The project was approved by the Planning Board on August 16, 2017 and the Zoning Board of Appeals on August 7, 2017.
- The Planning Board's Recorded Decision is available here. (19-Sep-2017) (PDF)
- The Zoning Board of Appeals Recorded Decision is available here. (19-Sep-2017) (PDF)
- Mass DEP Order of Conditions (7-Aug-2017) (PDF)
- Full Plans (signed, 27-Sep-2017) (PDF) - This is a very large download (>250MB)
- Exhibits to the Original Decision (6-Sep-2016) (PDF)
Here are updates on the project:
The supporting documents listed below were used in the review process.
Affordable Housing Waitlist
30-Jan-2019: For inquiries about affordable housing at "The Vue" (the rental multi-family housing at Maynard Crossing aka 129 Parker Street), the developer is now maintaining a database of interested households. These households will be notified when marketing begins and will receive an application and information packet. Ultimately there will be a lottery for the final awarding of the affordable units.
Please direct interested households to email the developer's housing agent at email@example.com. In the email they should provide their full name, contact information, and make clear they are interested in the Maynard development.
For additional information, please email Bill Nemser (Maynard Planning Director) or call 978-897-1302.