Committee Meeting Minutes and Agendas
- Lee Eyler (chair)
- Steve Smith (vice-chair)
- Neil Pederson (secretary)
- Leslie Bryant
- Daniel Schissler
The Maynard Tree Committee is dedicated to promoting the growth of a healthy and diverse population of trees on public and private property throughout the town. It shall:
- Assist the Tree Warden and Conservation Agent in duties under MGL and municipal bylaws.
- Protect and promote planting of trees throughout the Town.
- Regulate removal and replacement of trees as described by MGL and municipal bylaws.
- Create and update municipal tree bylaws; facilitate tree surveys and help maintain inventories; develop tree manuals and programs; and undertake other initiatives that they and the Tree Warden find necessary for their mission.
- Educate the community about the value of trees and about tree resources available to them. Inform the public about the local tree initiatives.
- Seek grants and other assistance for planting, maintenance, preservation, and maintenance of trees in town.
The Tree Committee is an ad hoc, Town Administrator appointed committee. It is an advisory group.
If you have questions or interest in this committee, please email Justin DeMarco (Tree Warden) at Maynard Department of Public Works.
For General Inquiries, please email the Tree Committee.
For public tree maintenance or concerns, please email Public Works.